Mod total $$ spent  - ouch

megawatt

Registered
A list of my mods and cost from memory in order of usefuleness / most favorite. I know pics are needed but I am at work. I will do a write up on Tobins new "Vision black" leather seat complete with pics after tonights drag racing.

I only wanted small changes to make this Busa fit my needs and even with bolt on parts the $$ is adding up. I tried to save money by staying away from a full exhaust, PCIII, custom map, but I know I will eventually be there after the shock of paying off the bike is a memory. Even with this rising cost of ownership I am smiling every mile I ride.

Tobin Vision black seat & hump pad - $250

Smithabusa launch/shift light - $90

Viper bolt-ons - $400

Short titanium Pazzo levers - $160

Brocks clutch hub - $200

Reaper risers - $25

Seat & tank quick disconnect pins - $75

Handle bar, frame, stator sliders - $ 120

Stock, 2, & 4 inch lowering links - $40

16 tooth front sprocket - $16

Front SS brake lines - $88

Hump mod kit - $25

Billet clutch cover - $160

Front end lowering strap - $20

Rear stock seat - $30

Before (baseline) & after bolt-ons dyno run - $80

Extruded steel for faring holes, three tubes of gasket material, 16ga cutters - $50

Do not total. Do not total. Do not total. Do not total.

You will sleep much better.
cool.gif

r8

what kind of brakelines and were they long enough to accommodate the risers?

My first mod was my ti-force exhaust for $850, after that I thought it was best not to total my mods - for my own sanity

You are getting off cheap so far! There will be much more to do!

The stop fast / go fast parts add up, but so do the look nice items. Justify them by driving it to work.

Thinking of all the money I've spent on my Busa gives me a headache.

Joe, your just getting started. I spent about 1/2 that much just for color & I blew it on.

Unless your keeping tabs for insurance purposes, I'll go with everyone else. DO NOT TOTAL.

I really havent spend alot on the bus, but with the idea to start with was to get another bike because we love to ride. Ok cool. I know what I want. I bought a busa. Then I found this wonderful site, went to OKC and met Cap, Professor, the two Kristies, went to Eurecka, met more members, went back to OKC and watched Professor win championship, met more members, met OHP on Busa's. Bought Juli a bike, all new leather gear for me and new leather gear for her, new lids for me and Juli, new Puig DB windscreen, throttlemiesters, tank bag, tank bag for julis bike, covers, just bought the trailer, paint, just bought chocks, tie downs, d-rings, etc, it never ends. I dont want to know what I have spent. Next week or the week after, I am getting new tires, brake pads, and an oil change. Getting ready for the Bash. Having fun with family and friends doing what you love..................PRICELESS!

Fun isn't it? Don't worry about the "total" !!!!!!! Just enjoy the bike and don't go overboard on the mods.

Does the ammount of recreation vehicles ive perchased in the last 2 years count? Ive spent about 25k. I get them cheap and new too. Ive spent about 1700 on my busa in the 5 months that ive owned it.

MOD, Whats a MOD
laugh.gif
I dont's keep track Just Purchase what you like. and put the Receipt in a folder with your other paper work on your Bike.

I can't take the $$ with me when its my time. I am not married and I am not going to leave it with the government so I enjoy every penny I spend on my happiness.

top_800.jpg

Back