NOW THE FUN CAN START

OB_tinhead

Registered
I haven't even had a chance to check this stuff out closely yet, but off a wrecked busa I got the swingarm, linkage, shock, brake arm and caliper with pads and a Dymag rear wheel with 40 tooth Talon sprocket. Oh yeah, the throttle tube too. $650.

I think the Dymag is a mag center / aluminum rim type. I also think it's got less than 100 miles on it, as the gold plating on the sprocket is not worn off the teeth yet. I think the sprocket is aluminum also. I'll test tomorrow to see what's al, mag and steel.

The plan for the swingarm is to shorten it two inches to make the handling crisper. Easier wheelies a side benefit. Any advice on shortening swingarm, dealing with spring rates and damping and linkages will all be greatly appreciated.

The search is on for a matching front Dymag. Also light brakes that still work. Has anyone heard anything about Galfer WAVE rotors? Lee's Perf called them 'a waste of money' but if they work at least as well as stock, and weigh less, they may not be in my eyes. The bike already has that pregnant manatee look, and I see WAVE rotors dressing it up nicely.
Plus last time I checked, they were $40/ disc less than PM.

Closer examination today with a grinding wheel in the dremel tool showed the Dymag is indeed an aluminum rim.(Custom street line, center is gold). The sprocket is aluminum too, that will not be kept. FOR SALE: Talon TR181-40 aluminum sprocket for Dymag rim $20.
Kawabuser TI rotor sounds nice, we'll talk in y2k.

[This message has been edited by tinhead (edited 31 December 1999).]

Tin, you might want to hang on to your sprocket as the Dymag sprocket is a propriatary part. You need to purchase from either Talon (UK) or Dymag importer in Georgia (Superbike Racing).

If you go to Jeffw's site you will see the Titanium rear rotor.

A Suzuki sprocket does not fit the Dymag.

Tin, my good man how about a Titanium rear rotor? 13oz.and with a nice ti nitrate finish

If you are going to upgrade brakes go with a set of PFM's calipers and rotors.

Goodgridge lines with Performance Friction pads. Your rear wheel should be easy to match up being a Dymag.

Rad Greaves #70 FXtreme rear suspension was 2" shorter in the rear useing Busa linkage and a PPS built custom Ohlins rear shock with adjustable ride hieght. The new spec Ohlins rear shock has this height adjustment as standard build for the Busa. Be careful in purchasing early production Busa spec Ohlins shocks you may not get the latest release.
These new shocks are only in the US for a couple weeks as of today.

Some weight is not worth removing. Aluminum sprockets fall into this category for me. I still plan to commute and sport tour on the Busa and the limited lifespan of al sprockets don't fit that plan.

Back