Best way to wash a '99 Copper Hayabusa?

84Ninja

Registered
Yes, I am the owner of a '99 Copper, my 1st Busa!!! I have been lusting over this specific model since she came out
heart.gif
I just received her on Thursday and she is beautiful. A few minor blemishes here and there, but all in all looking amazing. 17k miles. Looks to have never been never ridden in the rain too. Pics are forthcoming, but I have to find a USB for my camera.

The previous owner failed to tell me that the tires are virtually bald--this is my only major gripe. I asked him to be very specific about the bike's condition. He failed to tell me about the small chip on the side fairing, the 2" dome scuff and the small crack (hard to see) on the bottom side of the upper fairing. I also am pretty sure that I scratched up the belly a little when taking the bike off the pallet. I wanted to puke when I saw them, but fortunately they disappear when saturated with water or wax.

Will give a full report after I get the tags on. And btw, I am still deciding on a vanity plate, so I'll let you know if you suggested a name that I will use.

K

Seems like the tires your only problem. People only see the taillights of a Busa anyway.

One word, "Plexus"....no washie with the hosie.......except when extremely muddy, then stay away from the electronics...just the body and wheels...mmkay
rock.gif

100px_204_mistermackey.png

I use the Honda Spray cleaner & polish to clean mine. cleans and protects at the same time, don't like the hosey. Don't use it on ur seat though. I love pulling into the Honda/Kawa dealer on my Busa to pick it up
laugh.gif

Great congratulations. Best shine is the new Mcguires NXT next generation. This stuff is great. Not a wax but a poly

smile.gif
Thanks guys. I promise to get them up soon, sorry for the delay. I'm going to get my other camera and take pics so I can put them up tomorrow. Just looking at it alone, the bike really is unbeleivable. I love it. Hopefully the keys will come in the mail today (can you believe it?)
guns.gif

Regards

K

Back