best way to get rid of stickers/rear mud flap

skater69

Registered
Can someone please help me out? Stickers w/out scratching and wanna cut the rear mud flap down but don't know what I should use...

Thx!

I have heard that if you use a hair dryer to heat up the stickers they are very easy to take off. Also, goo gone works well. As far as cutting the mud flap, you coul duse a dremel tool and just cut across it, I recommend just under the plate. Take your time with the dremel, it is easy to get over jealous!

Stickers.. Use a hair dryer to heat them up and they'll peel right off. a little wd40 will remove any left over gunk..

Mudflap.. Cut the lowest section off and re-use it as a template to cut up higher. Many ways to cut it..A dremmel is common and sandpaper to clean the edges..

I have heard that if you use a hair dryer to heat up the stickers they are very easy to take off.  Also, goo gone works well.  As far as cutting the mud flap, you coul duse a dremel tool and just cut across it, I recommend just under the plate.  Take your time with the dremel, it is easy to get over jealous!
+1

Thanks guys! I guess I'll need to get a dremmel.....sorry for being ignorant....but I don't think I've ever come in contact w/a dremmel. Also what's a hairdryer?? j/k.

Hope these still work... re: fender trim...

As for the stickers... as has been said, hair dryer to get them warm and then just peel 'em. I use WD40 to remove decal adhesive. Just spray it on, it sit a minute or two, then spray some on a cotton cloth and rub. Should come right off... Some adhesive is a bit more stubborn and might take a few applications. Just let the solvent do the work. If you go trying to "scrub" it off you'll probably end up leaving scratches...

I let my bike sit outside in the good ole Louisiana sun for while and the stickers peeled off really easy. I used WD-40 to get the rest of the glue off.

Good Luck

Back