Best Sprocket Selection for overall????

1st1busa

Registered
First I want to say Hello ALL! Now, I have just got a 06 black/silver busa. I want to change out sprockets. My best bud has a 05 gsxr 1000 and I would love to swap sprockets to match his ratio or even a little lower. We don't ride that much at high speeds but alot of rolling quickies. I just want to make sure that the set I put on will be just right for that.. Thanks guys and I will try to got some pictures up soon cause I have only 400miles on it and I just lowered it, polished frame and swing arm, installed fairing screens,polished rear grab bar and notched it to say on, cut rear fender with smoke tail lens, and finally drilled and painted stock pipes..... All the ideas from this Board and so I want to thank all of you....

As I have said many times before, I put a 43 rear on my busa. No new chain requirements and chain adjustment fine. About 4500 rpm's at freeway speed. Didn't notice gas mileage change. Acceleration and ease of riding around town superior to stock 40. I believe the best overall gearing for what I use the busa for.
smile.gif

And welcome to the board.

Try 16/42. This is a good all around combo. You lose a little top end but the lower gears are wild...easy to do power wheelies now.

David

I simply swapped the rear for a 42T. A little more low end wheelie-power. No ill side effects.

(A Speedohealer is a must when swapping sprockets
wink.gif
)

there's a formula for determining what is gained/lost with gearing changes.

Going to smallers fronts and larger rears loses gas miliage,top speed,but makes it fun to ride.

Some feel smaller sprockets up front decrease chain life,I'd agree,its slight thou.

As Scooter mention,a healer will help out bigtime. A Busa's speedo is already off by as much as 7%. Adding to this with gearing changes compounds the problems. Not only inacurrate speedo,but you will clock more miles than you have actually travelled(re-sale value).

RSD

Also,I had a 16/42 set up...amoung others. I gave up on it thou. I found that in sharp twisties it gave me the feeling of being caught between gears. 1st to high 2nd too low.
It made it twitchy,which in turn,lightened the front end.Not what you prolly want chasin' yer buddy in the tight turns.

I have a 43 rear.If you want to keep highway revs down go with the 42.

Back