Best Overall Exhuast Shootout

EVO

DSCF1855_a.jpg

BDE and Muzzy are pretty nice!! But just about anywhere you'll find some good exhausts. You should definitely go full system as opposed to bolts. You get sound and some performance along with it as well.

UGH! its all so hard i really like akra,bde, and tiforce but i just dont wanna regret anything ya know guys..? i still have time to think about it..not getting them for another month or 2 but gotta look into it sooner or later:p

When dealing with opinions on exhaust, you will get quite a few opinions. Most recommend what they are using currently on their machine.

I have used a Yosh, Muzzy and now a Akro. Out of those three, I prefer, no susprise the Akro. The one I am currently using.

I ordered the Yosh is January of 1999 and it actually showed up before my bike did. Good sound and power delivery. The fit left a lot to be desired. I had to bend the "S" pipe to clear the rear signal. I know that problem has been fixed on later production runs.

The Muzzy's fit was much better. The 1 complaint is the sound. My are those LOUD! I am talking having the cops called on you for cruising out of your neighborhood......

The Akra I have is not the Evolution system. It was purchased in 2000 or so. the fit and finish is unmatched from any system I have installed. Sound is very mellow and it will scream above 6k.

Working a a shop I do get to hear most all systems. The Ti Force is a great sounding system. All of the HMF's flat out rock. Same with the Brock Hindle.

If you do go with the Brock, PM Warbaby. Tom will bend over backwards to help you out!

It all boils down to preference and how much money you wanna spend.

With any of the hight end pipes, I dont think you can go wrong.
how loud is the muzzy? i like the looks and the price but dont want to get noticed everywhere i go. is it only loud when you are on it? or cruising too?

It is loud anywhere above idle, lol. The one I had was one of the round cans, some folks compare it too a D & D sound...... The new oval cans are quieter than the one I had.

i have the yosh duplex with tri oval dual tip exit, the sound is awesome and i really like the way it looks different from other exhausts the sound is awesome the only thing i would change is i wish it was a little bit louder.

after listening to the Sport Rider tests, it sound as if.. MICRON, D&D and HMF are the loudest! Yoshi being the quietest.

after listening to the Sport Rider tests, it sound as if.. MICRON, D&D and HMF are the loudest!  Yoshi being the quietest.
Thank you for that testimony fstAZfk. People don't really appreciate how well their exhaust sounds until you let someone else ride your bike and you're getting the sound first-hand. I didn't realize how nice my Microns sounded until a couple weeks ago when I let a good friend of mine go for a short cruise...

NOW I would rank the Micron up there with the D&D as being very very close in the sound category. It also makes pretty decent numbers too.

NOW I would rank the Micron up there with the D&D as being very very close in the sound category.  It also makes pretty decent numbers too.
That's odd. I would rank my Micron slip ons at just a bit louder than stock. My new Akra Evo system is much louder than the Microns and just a SLIGHTLY below the HMF full system and D&D slip ons.

NOW I would rank the Micron up there with the D&D as being very very close in the sound category.  It also makes pretty decent numbers too.
That's odd.  I would rank my Micron slip ons at just a bit louder than stock.  My new Akra Evo system is much louder than the Microns and just a SLIGHTLY below the HMF full system and D&D slip ons.
Yeah, but you're comparing BOLT-ONS to a FULL SYSTEM. I have a full system, and it definitely rocks. Not too loud, but it does grumble quite a bit at 4000rpms or so.

Microns sound great on the bikes i've heard them on, K5 and 03 R1. The serpent systems also make great power. I personally don't care for the looks of them, but that's just me. They are great.
I have a Yosh RS-3 Stainless full system and I hate it. It was on the bike when I bought it and I've hated it since day 1.

after listening to the Sport Rider tests, it sound as if.. MICRON, D&D and HMF are the loudest! Yoshi being the quietest.
Thank you for that testimony fstAZfk. People don't really appreciate how well their exhaust sounds until you let someone else ride your bike and you're getting the sound first-hand. I didn't realize how nice my Microns sounded until a couple weeks ago when I let a good friend of mine go for a short cruise...
Just giving my opinion..
wink.gif
It was kinda hard to tell by listening to the sound clips, but those three were just freakin loud. D&D may be too loud if thats possible, but the microns and HMF's sounded sweet. Its a hard ass decision to pick one thats for sure!

I was considering getting high mounts but after looking at all the pics, I think they destroy the lines of the bike, thanks for saving me the $ on making a big mistake!

That's odd.  I would rank my Micron slip ons at just a bit louder than stock.  My new Akra Evo system is much louder than the Microns and just a SLIGHTLY below the HMF full system and D&D slip ons.
Yeah, but you're comparing BOLT-ONS to a FULL SYSTEM.  I have a full system, and it definitely rocks.  Not too loud, but it does grumble quite a bit at 4000rpms or so.
Yes! You're right! You make a good point. Gotta compare apples to apples. Been a long day
sad.gif

i havent heard too much about leo vince so i dont even know how they perform so im kinda gun sshy with that they look nice lol but i dunno anythng about him...anyone care to enlighten me?
tounge.gif

For the HMF high mounts, will the swing arm hit if the bike is lowered? Also, how much do they cost? After reading all this I really need to get rid of that damn stock exhaust. Unbolted the cans once and drove around for a bit and my fiance get a little mad about the loudness.

Back