Best Sportbike luggage for the Busa???

Corso1

Registered
All-

I need help. I am planning on taking the Busa cross country this year and I am in need of some decent looking (If there is such a thing) Sportbike luggage for her. I have the 2004 Black and Wine colored bike. I'd love to find something vaguely color matched. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks-
Corso

I don't have a pic, but try nelson riggs. I love mine and they work great. I do alot of riding with Legion Riders of Pa and It's nice to be able to carry camera's, drinks(they stay cold) ect. and my wife has plenty of room. I can't beleave how inexspensive they are!!

Click here and go to the bottom of the page !!

Pat

<!--EDIT|Black&amp;Bluebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107235218 -->

ssb_20500_20main_small.jpg

If your riding one-up, you have to check out CYCLE VENTURA
A little pricey but I wouldn't trade mine for anything.... I've got the full set up and you can carry a lot of stuff. Very stable at all speeds and I mean all speeds. Sits over the back seat and keeps the bike balanced. Can be used with a passenger if you remove the front zip out...
Very easy to remove or gain access to. Well thought out, been on several thousand mile trips with mine. Did I mention GIVI bags. Got a set of those as well... Great craftsmanship! Can hold a lot of gear safely. But, still doesn't compare to the Ventura system..

idea.gif
Listen to KS-Waterbug!

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url], contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107297996 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

all the options listed above are great i have a set of tour master bags the tail bag and saddle bags which are not to bad i bought a set of corbins thinking they would be the thing about the only thing they are is expensive with crappy holding capacity granted they do look sleek on the bike but there not really removable for when you go into a motel so basically you wana pack into bags so you can easily move your clothes and also there odd inside shame makes it a bit difficult to put some items into them granted for a 3 days jont or so there not bad or just to leave on the bike so you have the storage room

Passengers also don't mind them gives them a bit of a feeling of security since they have there legs right infront of them and they are pretty securly mounted

But if i had it to do over again i'd go with KS ventura rack and or the luggage locker equipment

There are actually some hard bags on ebay for the busa 85 bucks is the starting bid. i think theyre blue but they look aight. My philophy is if it doesnt fit in the hump u dont need it
cool.gif

On my cross country trip.  I used the Tourmaster cortech series.  Great set of bags.  Just make sure if you are using the saddle bags.  Try to get some painters tape and apply it over the tail fairing before the bags are applied.  The bags created surface scratches even with the protective foam that are on the bags.  I used the saddle bags and the tank bags.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107293082 -->

I have Nelson Rigg "Fibertech" series MG-950 Pro Magnetic Tank Bag and SSB-500 Pro Sphere Expandable Saddle Bags. The CMB-300 Pro Magnetic Tank Bag is expandable and larger than mine. These will not scratch up your bike. The SSB-500 Pro Sphere Expandable Saddle Bags are the largest sport bike saddle bags I was able to find, they are really good quality and come with protective back pad to prevent scratching your bike. Check them out at www.nelsonrigg.com.
wink.gif

All-

Thanks for all the replies. I was able to look at some of the options. Anyone have pictures of their Busas wearing some of these??

I was sort of opposed to the tank bag idea, but the more I look the more practical it seems. I bet a set of the Nelson Riggs, with a decent tank bag would fit the bill nicely. I need to make sure the wife is comfortable on the back, and I do want to be able to take the bags into the hotel with me.

Thanks again guys-

Corso.

All-

Thanks for all the replies. I was able to look at some of the options. Anyone have pictures of their Busas wearing some of these??

I was sort of opposed to the tank bag idea, but the more I look the more practical it seems. I bet a set of the Nelson Riggs, with a decent tank bag would fit the bill nicely. I need to make sure the wife is comfortable on the back, and I do want to be able to take the bags into the hotel with me.

Thanks again guys-

Corso.
If I get a chance today I'll get you a pic of the NR's I have for my Busa.

Pat

I can also post some pic's later tonight of the wife and I's last 1500mile trip. Busa and bags..... I made a mistake earlier in that you can use the ventura system with a passenger. Gives you just about 50 liters of storage. you give up 30 liters of storage by zipping out the front half of the bag. This is wear your passenger will sit. But, you don't have to worry about your bags melting on the exhaust, an uncomfortable position for your passenger (bags in the way), or having the fairings blemished by the bags rubbing...
The most important feature is the stability and ease of removal. These things won't move until your ready to take them off.

and another with the side zipper undone - lots of room + it with hold a full face helmet

<!--EDIT|Black&amp;Bluebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107381806 -->

3.jpg

Picture sucks but you can get the idea of size.
Hope this help you out
biggrin.gif
 and these are removable with just a couple clicks and they come with rain covers and bags for the stuff inside and also carrying straps.

Pat

6.jpg

Thanks alot for the pictures. They really helped me out to make my decision.

I'll be ordering mine soon!

Corso

P.S. Nice Busa!

No problem and thanks. I could'nt get her out due to the honda on one side and the kaw on the other sandwiching it in.

winter projects for a friend of mine

Back