Pillion friendly luggage / sat nav gen 1 Busa

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Ladies and gents I wonder if you could be of some assistance please.

I have a 2007 gen1 Busa and I am trying to plan a trip riding from South West UK to Rome in July of 2015 and need some advice about luggage. This will be my first proper tour on the bike but more importantly my 15yr old son will be riding pillion so needs to be comfortable for the trip. I need to make sure he has plenty of room.

I have tried to explore the net and found some brilliant luggage sets but most of them foul the rear pegs which is going to be a real issue for my son. My bike has a full Akrapovic pipe with a hex carbon can on it.

I am also looking at a decent sat nav and mount for the bike. I am really fussy about mounting stuff and electrical connections so the easier the better please.

All the best Vindy.

I got a Ram Ball mount from Amazon. The two parts were separate. the base mount for the hollow of the front fork stem and an 'X' cradle to hold my Garmin or a cell phone. Several reviewers complained that it didn't hold the nav device firmly enough so I wrapped a mini-bungy around mine. Pashnit can ship over seas if Amazon can't and he also has good luggage (RKA) Check with him to see if it clears the passenger pegs.

Back