Best price seen on a 2004 Busa?

SA-Muscles

Registered
I am new to this board and I am also a soon-to-be 2004 Busa owner. I have done my research on the bike itself, but I am getting different stories on who has the lowest price. I know MSRP is like $10.9K but I have seen dealer prices as low as $9,300 but they are in states hundeds of miles away. What have you all seen as prices and good deals on '04 's?

Thanks!
SA-Muscles
(-previous bike CBR600)

Welcome. What I would do to avoid traveling to pick up a new bike or even shipping a new bike from another state is to get those low bids from other states and take it to your local dealer and ask if they could either beat it or match it. Good Luck!

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074810772 -->

FIRST YOU CAN HAVE A BIKE SHIPPED FOR 200- $400 PRETTY MUCH ANYWHERE.
HERE IN LOUISVILLE I DID HAVE A DEALER THAT WAS GONNA SELL ME A 04 BUSA FOR 9500 PLUS TLF. THE ONLY REASON I DIDNT BUY IT WAS I GOT A SWEET DEAL ON THE 2002 THAT I BOUGHT. WITH ANYTHING YOU JUST HAVE TO NEGOTIATE THEY WILL WORK ON THERE PRICE.
BE PREPARED EITHER HAVE YOUR CHECKBOOK AND BE READY TO BUY OR HAVE YOUR FINANCING ALREADY WORKED OUT. PUT THE STRENGTH OF THE NEGOTIATIONS IN YOUR BALLPARK.. AND GOOD LUCK. ALSO IF THEY DONT GIVE YOU YOUR PRICE BE PREPARED TO WALK,AND MAKE THEM GIVE YOU A SELLING PRICE AS WELL AS AN OUT THE DOOR PRICE TO INCLUDE ANY PREP FEES. SO YOU CAN COMPARE PRICES EASIER. .....GOOD LUCK..
smile.gif

I just bought an '04 Busa. I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I paid just under $10,600 out-the-door. You have to remember that just because a dealer is listing a bike for $9,300, that doesn't include setup fees, freight fees, taxes, plates, etc... In my county, taxes are currently %6.75 percent. That alone just made your $9,300 bike almost $10,000 dollars without the extra fees. A good rule of thumb for bikes is to have your final out-the-door price be less than M.S.R.P. Depending on the demand for the bike year, model, color, etc... can play a part in this, but for the most part this is a good rule to follow. The best dealership I ever bought from had their out-the-door prices on tags hanging from the handlebars of their showroom bikes. No haggling, no questions, that was just the price. If they try hit you with a bunch of fees, try to talk them out of it. At least have them go into detail about the purpose of each fee. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Good Luck,

Peter

DO NOT PAY a setup FEE! Suzuki reimburses the dealer for this so don't be roped into that crap. Especially on a BUSA, all they have to do is install the Windshield, Mirrors, check fluids, tire psi, and a few other things. Nothing special!

If you aren't buying a BUSA for $10,000 OR LESS out the door, you aren't shopping around enough! Period!

BLU88, do you have any links to the shippers at those prices?  Last November, I wanted to buy a bike from Chicago Cycle and have it shipped to Oregon.  The best shipping price I could find was over $600........so with that factored in, I wound up buying locally.  I did buy a Ducati 900 SS/SP from Delano Motorsports in Minnesota back in 1996......and it cost me over $400 to have it shipped way back then.

Back