2004 busa price

Witte

Registered
what is a good price for a brand new hayabusa. What do you think is as low as I can talk down the dealership on their bike.
Has anyone talked them down to $9500.

Invoice on '04 including freight is 9162
I just offered Invoice on a NEW '03 model tonight
my offer was
9162 + 198 doc fee + tax + 22 title = $10084 out the door

Refuse to pay their set-up and prep charge

Their bottom line is 10,300 out the door.... it's not really the color I want...... I told them I'd get back to them in the morning. I was dealing with the assitant sales manager so I think they could go 10084. my price.... on an '04 Remember they make 3% of MSRP for every unit they sell regaurdless of sales price. The 3% is paid by Suzuki to the dealer every August. So don't let them tell you that they're making no profit. They get 10,899 X 3% = 326.97 just to sell the bike. And it doesn't cost $200 to type up papers (DOC FEE) but this is normally the ONLY dealer concession I agree to. If you really want to be ballsy just tell them your a typing teacher and will type up the documents for free if they want to charge that much. I've just found if you walk in and say, "I've done my homework and I know invoice is X amount... and I know you get a 3% kickback on each unit" they know not to BS you. Tell them they don't pay an employee $400 to prep a bike.. Basically i always offer Invoice + doc fee + tax and title.

NEVER ANSWER HOW YOU WILL BE PAYING!!!! NEVER AGREE TO A PAYMENT!!! If you encounter a salesman who says "What size payment you lokkin' for?" reply with "Payment on what?" then the'll say "On the bike your buying" then say "And which one would that be?" TELL THEM "The price of the bike determines the payment" BUT DON'T TELL THEM YOUR NOT FINANCING...or THAT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FINANCING..NEVER EVER... you can screw up everthing that way. The best thing to do is to just say your undecided on how your paying for the bike. YOU SEE DEALERSHIPS MAKE MONEY ON FINANCING.... THEY BUMP YOU PERCENTAGE POINTS FOR EXTRA PROFIT... if they belive you'll be financing through them they're more likely to cut a short deal on the bike and will just make it up on the financing.... so let them believe your probably going to go through them.... but AFTER THE DEAL IS WRITTEN UP AND EVERYTHING SIGNED say "WHO DO I MAKE THE CHECK OUT TO?"

I hope that helps you. I am a professional sales person in management so I know all the tricks and can help EVERYONE get the best deal on their bike. DON'T BUY before talking to me.

Gidexyz@aol.com gidexyz@yahoo.com

$$$$ in hand increases bargaining power. I bought my 03' new for
$9,500, w/o bargaining. Depends on the dealer/amount of bus. their doing/
specific bike popularity. Again cash in hand drastically swings the deal
in your favor.

I live in Va Beach and the dealers here don't come below MSRP because of the resort area and all the navy people and yes they add on the Freight, Prep Fee and Processing fee = $12K+. I found a dealer in OH and I just picked up a brand new Black/Purple one last week for $9265 Out the Door. I live in VA and drove up to OH and put it on a trailer. The dealer's website is http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/ and ask for a quote or call my salesman Tom Beagle. If you don't want to travel, they can ship it to you for about $300 bucks. The dealer didn't hassle me or try to pull any stunts about financing, Extended Warranties, etc. They just focus on volume. A friend went up with me and the deals were so good, he bought a new Yamaha, together we saved $5K compared to the dealers here. They ordered the bike and it was in less than a week and it had zero miles. I highly recommend this dealership. Good luck.
super.gif

Grim, Of cousre when you registered in VA you had to pay the tax right? I mean since you shipped out of state there was no tax at time of purchase right?

I paid $10.2 OTD for my '03 when I bought it last summer and didn't even think about it because I wanted the bike.  I probably could have shopped around, but I was in a hurry and I had already bought one bike from the dealership and felt comfortable with them.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082819941 -->

I paid $9725 OTD for my new '04. Actual price of the bike was $9154 and the rest was due to freight, prep and doc fees.

Anyone paying over $10K needs to learn how to haggle better
smile.gif

Hey Turbo where did you get a Basa for that good of a price. I am looking to get another Busa for my Birthday in July (first one was stolen) and I am looking at the 2004 Blue/Silver. Fill us in. Don't keep us in the dark. Come on tell us, tell us, tell us. LOL

I can't believe you guys will pay that processing/document.. crap fee... haha If I had to pay any of that poop I would walk.

processing fee is just pure profit.. and it's scary cuz some of you know it's BS, but still let dealerships by with it... thats crazy.. you let em' by with it now they will increase that poop until you squeel.

My dealer did try to charge that prep fee crap and and I told him (politely,, since we are somewhat friends) that if suzuki wasn't willing to pay to get it ready to go then they could just keep it.

stop paying those bullshit charges people.. if you don't it will only get worse!

and also.. when you find a dealer that isn't charging that crap don't forget to figure that savings in while your talking to other dealerships!!

savings 200$ by going to XYmotors instead of abcmotors only to have 400$ worth of crap fee's added back is not saving money!

argue about the price all you want.. but don't make concessions on these crap fee's..

There are dealerships out there that don't do that crap!.. if you need the phone number/address to one reply to me and I'll get it for you!

I'm not trying to start a war here....but if you believe that dealers are staying in business by selling new bikes at 3% profit you are mistaken. There are numerous other avenues by which profit is added to new bikes, every dealer is slightly different depending on their individual sales volume and their agreement with their manufacturers. Try this....find the bike you want, tell the salesman that you want to make an offer based on what you perceive to be a fair price, and work from there. Don't play games, be honest, be respectful, and if he doesn't treat you in a respectful, honest manner....walk out.
I manage a few stores that sell a similar item (boats), and can honestly say that when guys come in here thinking they know the entire aspect of the business and start running their yap about finance and doc fees and prep fees....well, they don't always get the best deal. If I need to move a particular unit, and it's the one they want...they may get everything they ask for. If they want a high demand/low availability unit, all the bluffing and posturing in the world isn't gonna change my price. If they are nice folks and seem to be sincere in their offer, I will determine the minimum amount of profit I need to maintain and give them the best deal I can. Yes...we make money on finance, but it also entails more paperwork and generates a lag time effecting how soon we get paid by the bank. Warranty sales also generate considerable profit for us, yet also offer protection for the customer that doesn't want to do his own repairs down the road, should they be needed.
If you are dealing with a local dealer, ask yourself if having him close by you is worth a few extra dollars when you need service and or advice. You can always find someone out of your area willing to do the deal cheap, because they know they will never have to see you again, and if you have a problem you won't be tying up their shop in the future. Warranty work pays OK, but retail service is where the shop makes it's real money.
The bottom line is: if you feel good about the deal, buy. If you think you can do better elsewhere, walk. But don't let the process be so stressful it takes away the joy of having a shiny new toy!

TBone

I personally will not pay all of that extra bs. For my busa I got lucky. I bought my 02 from the dealer, what had happened was this guy (approx 40 years old) bought the bike (put 27 miles on it) and it scared the $hit out of him. So he brought it back and traided it in for a gold wing (??). Oh ya he has never road before. Over the phone they told me that they would try 8900 OTD (I bought it in sep of 02). So I went up there and they said we meant 8900 plus tax, title, setup, doc, ect. and it came out to almost 11000. I was like there is no way that I am going to pay all that bs for a "USED" bike. They were trying that crap "oh it is brand new it only has 27 mi on it". I told them that once those papers were signed and that bike was taken off the lot it deprecitated alot. Long story short after about 1.5 hrs of haggling (and telling them to forget it and walking out 2 times) I got it OTD for 8940! It just takes haggling. Just don't go in there so excited that you have to have the bike. I went in there with the attitude (and told them) that I don't have to have this bike I already have one.

DITTO ON WHAT TBONE BUSA SAID ... AS FOR I AM A FINANCE MANAGER AT A LARGE CAR DEALERSHIP.
IF THEY TREAT U FAIR AND HONEST THEN THEY SHOULD MAKE A PROFIT.
BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM ... SO IF U EVER NEED ANYTHING THEY ARE MORE LIKELY TO HELP U.

Hey Turbo where did you get a Basa for that good of a price. I am looking to get another Busa for my Birthday in July (first one was stolen) and I am looking at the 2004 Blue/Silver. Fill us in. Don't keep us in the dark. Come on tell us, tell us, tell us. LOL[/QUOTE]

From a local dealer here in NW Indiana called Xtreme Motorsports. Another dealer even closer was also in the ballpark at $9770 OTD. They were only about 5 miles away from me but they never got the blue/silver so I had to go about 20 miles further to Xtreme.

As a few others have posted around here, Ohio seems to be the place to get really killer deals. I'm reading low 9's for the standard colors and mid to high 9's for the pink SE. j/k
When you buy from a distant dealer, keep in mind warranty work. Sure your local dealer will have to take care of your warranty claims, however your bike will probably be put on the backburner while "they take care of their own" first.

For those claiming they'll NEVER pay the BS fees....got news for you guys, you're paying them whether you know it or not.

All I was concerned with was the Out The Door price. I knew exactly what I was paying and I didn't give a rats ass when reading the breakdown on the invoice listing the bike at $9154 and the rest being fees. Actually I didn't even notice it until a few days after I bought the bike and was reading through all the paperwork.

Let's also take it one step further. If the the BS fees were not listed as separate the dealer/manufacture would just roll it into the price of the bike.

Right now you'll pay 10,900 MSRP. Roll in the BS fees and now you're up to ~$11,500.
If they did away with the fees the bike would MSRP at $11,500.

I'll take the 10,900 price with the additional fee's since I'll only be paying TAXES ON THE $10,900!!! Prep, freight and doc fees are NOT taxed.

I would just keep shopping around until you find someone that treats you right and is willing to sell for the price you want to pay!

For those that don't mind traveling a little and wouldn't mind a different color combo, there is always CANADA! I bought my brand new 2003 BLACK Special Edition last year for $9,016 OTD. I have a Oregon drivers license so I don't have to pay sales tax. (You would just pay your local taxes if you brought one home.)

You are reading that correct $9,016 OUT THE DOOR!
biggrin.gif

CANADIAN exchange rate is better than the US so they can discount the bikes more. It is worth the trouble especially if you like the 04 Black/Blue that is only available in Canada.
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif

9,499 + tax @ 6% o.t.d. is all I paid. I always found for the best price try to find a dealer off the beaten path where sportbike sales wouldn't be up. Same goes for a dirtbike, try buying one from a dealer in a busy city. The prices will usually be lower.

Back