\"Best:\" Performance mods?

OB_ianfila

Registered
What are the best "bang for the buck" performance mods after changing the exhaust system and reprogamming the cpu? Dont want to have to use race gas!
Yosh Cam + 10rwhp ?
Airbox mod - does this really work or is it random luck? rwhp gain ?
What else?
Is head work worth the investment/ unreliability? rwhp gain ?

ianfila.
Although I am VERY impressed with the turbosystem made by mcXpress in Sweden and I have ridden 3 different Turbos that they have made, I dont feel comfortable saying that they are a true bolt on goodie. NOTHING that increases the output of an engine 100% does it without trade-offs. But as far as I know its less of a hassle than increasing the compression ( more heat, destroying the startermotor housing etc ). And when U want to sell the bike U can always remove it completely ( something U cant do with a ported head with bigger valves or bored cylinders ).
Turbo lag..... almost non existent...
When U open the trottle its just like on a normal bike then the engine kinda get on the "camshaft" if U know what I mean. Its just like U open the trottle a fraction below your powerband and it just takes a sec to get into it. Difficult to explain but its nothing like the old type of Turbo like the Mr Turbo kit. ( and I have tried one of those also, Awful thing...awwghh, I even got one in my garage ( well its my brother who has it ) )
Heat... Ever seen the intercooler mcXpress puts on theyr bikes ? In one word BIG.
Electrical problems.... Was the electrical system of your friend made by an Italian ? They are famous for making bad electrical systems ( Fiat ( Fault In Auto Technik ) is a good example , Ducati another ). :)
Other than that ask Mark Moisan. He should be able to answer most questions...

Yngve: Thanks for your input. I dont know where the electrical system was made, i believe it was part of the Fuel Injection supplied by the Mr Turbo kit. It just drew too much current and killed the battery! Every time the guy turned his engine off he needed a jump start, even with a new battery and fully functional alternator! What a pain in the *** !

To be honest I don't know, Brian from Nitrous express said they will have a system soon for the Fuel injected Busa.

How much for the turbo kit from mc-xpress?
19 psi seem awfully high for 93 octane gas in the USA. Remember most of Europe has 98 octane at the pump. Do you know what the psi would be for 230 - 250 rwhp? What about lag!
What about the wear on the electrical system for the extra injectors & cooling necessary?
I had a friend that put a Mr Turbo kit on his zx11 and if he turned the engine off during the ride, the battery would be dead! I'm also in Tampa, FL. very hot & humid, BAD for turbo's HEAT kills! I dont want to have to deal with those problems. If they have been addressed by MC-xpress, then i'm interested.

Back