Bent Forks

Wes

Never Forgotten
My 06 I bought used last summer just started leaking from one of the fork seals. It was laid down before I bought it and the bars are slightly tweaked and I'm wondering how do you tell if the forks are bent?

Is there any way other then taking them out and checking them in v blocks?

I loosened the triple clamps and adjusted the bars a bit, but they are still slightly off.

I want to install a stiffer spring and new seals but I would hate to get it all apart and then find out its bent.

Got a set off my 07 straight,no leaks, Im building a race bike so dnt need them,make offer shipped and they r urs....

It's not uncommon for fork seals to go bad, and if one or both forks were bent you would have probably noticed a leak alot sooner, and/or them sticking or binding.
I'de use a large square or straight edge against them. Try aligning them in the triple clamps again first, and making sure the clamps aren't bent either.
It's possible they're bent, but if they've been functioning properly and just started to leak, that doesn't mean that they are.:beerchug:

If your upper tripple is bent ever so slightly, the bars will be slightly off even though the forks are straight.

Ill pull them off and check them with a straight edge then. Hopefully its the triple. If they are bent Ill shoot you a pm Qali.

Thanks guys.

Back