Head shake and bumpy ride

nabusa

Registered
I am trying to narrow down what is wrong with my bike. Last year my brother hit a curb and it bent the front rim so hard it popped the front tire. I bought a new front wheel since then. I haven't had time to ride this year but the few times I have I noticed my bike doesn't ride smooth anymore. Bought front rear wheels are new. Both tires are new. Front rotors are new. Forks before my brother hit a curb was new. So I am trying to narrow down what is wrong. The forks do not look bent. The wheel looks straight. Although if I let go of the handle bars it shakes/vibrates a little bit. Would like some input on what might be going on. Also the front forks I lowered them an Inch.

I am trying to narrow down what is wrong with my bike. Last year my brother hit a curb and it bent the front rim so hard it popped the front tire. I bought a new front wheel since then. I haven't had time to ride this year but the few times I have I noticed my bike doesn't ride smooth anymore. Bought front rear wheels are new. Both tires are new. Front rotors are new. Forks before my brother hit a curb was new. So I am trying to narrow down what is wrong. The forks do not look bent. The wheel looks straight. Although if I let go of the handle bars it shakes/vibrates a little bit. Would like some input on what might be going on. Also the front forks I lowered them an Inch.

You may need to remove the forks and take a closer inspection. If it was a hard hit you should get your baby naked and inspect it for cracks while you are it. Make sure the upper and lower brackets are ok to. Are the rotors straight???

The tire I have on it now was balanced. The previous one was balanced also. Front rotors are brand new oem ones. And I had the bike completely apart this winter and nothing looked out of the norm.

Basically the only thing on my bike that is not new is the frame. The entire front suspension was brand new. When it hit the curb, could have that internally messed up the forks?

Ok so I figured out my problem. I put my bike on it's rear stand and I put the bike in gear and let it roll. The tire is not round meaning I can see almost as if it has a lump in it. Tire has maybe 500miles on it. I bought both Q2 tires at the same time and both turned out to be bad. I will stick to other tires from now on.

Back