Benifits of Lowering?

KrunkyTB

Registered
As title says, i got enough money to do about 1 mod on busa, first mod too. got about 250 to play with, cheap way to go is drop it a lil, but to be perfectly clear im a newb, what benifits are there and how much should i go in front and back, and what i should buy to drop it a lil, next i think im going to buy a new undertail, havent decided if ill lower it which i think will help when walkin the bike, i dropped it saturday after ufc fights in a friends driveway walking it backwards to get out of driveway. My thinkin is if its lowered a couple inches might make it easier... Please post thoughts.

Thanks all!

If you ride at all, get a throttlemeister. No if, ands, or buts about it.

For $150, you can get a Tobin seat, which lowers you maybe 1-1/2" to 2". Then spend the other $100 on a Suzuki double-bubble windshield.
beerchug.gif

Tobin_Seat_2.JPG

Get a tobin seat. It looks good and fits you more into the bike and is customizeable (if that is a word).
Lowering is for appearance and foot reach, unless you drag race.

If you are riding much at night you may want to make the HID your 2nd mod. It is like day and night...also cars see you better. XenonKing.com can hook you up with that.

Welcome to the mod madness....it is addictive.

thanks for tips for mods, was thinkin of doing the tobin seat in winter so it doesnt put me without a seat to ride on! Throttlemeister? is it like the wrist wrap thing? My hands really dont cramp up much. Other than at traffic lights ill put right hand on throttle and give left a break. If thats even what the throttlemeister does, sounds like it by the name though

im not sure, total newb here, was said its good for foot reach, that is kinda what im lookin for, a better foot grasp on gound, at 5'10" i can flat foot it, but when walkin it would be nice to have a inch or two to get better control

If you're dragging or doing LSR or standing miles lowering the bike is a benefit. If you are short. It lQQks dayum good in my opinion. That's about the only benefits I can think of.

HIDs would top my list.

I don't have a lot of money either. I've installed grills for appearance, Pazzo Levers for performance and appearance, you can lower the bike fairly cheap and raise it back if you need to.

At the strip you want it slammed, in the twisties you want factory or maybe +1 on the arse.

Check out the suspension thread regardless. Lots of options for lowering. You need to do some research to find your solution.

depending on how tall/short you are you may wanna try the tobin seat first. If that's not enough then get some adjustable lowering links.

Also sounds like you should get sliders too.... it'll save your plastics the next time you do a driveway dump....

since you have such a limited budget stay simple. buy a bmc/k&n/piper air filter so you don't have to ever buy another airfilter... (just filter cleaner and gauze oil).

dump the rest of your money into ridding gear....

yeah, didnt harm plastic, broke my stock clutch lever and scratched my stator cover i think thats what it is. and bar end is scratched but nothing major, glad no one but wife was around to see it, and she knew better than to laugh lol!

I eased mine down day two, but wasn't as lucky as you, scratched brake side fairing and can. It made me sick, but I couldn't stop it, I could only ease it down.
guns.gif

I used to be 5'7", but my doc says I've shrunk to 5'6"
laugh.gif

I dropped by Busa 3 times before the hubby insisted we get it lowered. It's been dropped 2 inches in the front and 2 in the rear and that was plenty for me...I bought a Tobin a couple of years later and that dropped me even more and took some getting used to. Either option will lower you some and help you flat foot better...I could almost flat foot, but what I needed was the ability to have more leverage; very important when trying to back a 500 lb bike back
tounge.gif

Absolutely NO regrets and no changes in the handling for daily riding
cool.gif

mine hit the ground pretty hard, the clutch end went flying about 15 feet away, just got lucky I semi had my hand on seat trying to hold up a almost 500lb bike at 160lb myself, didnt inspect till i got home and had it up in garage. Wanted to replace the stock levers anyhow, not i got a reason, told wife they only come in pairs!

What did you use to lower it 2 inches? What kind of kit? or can you do that with stock and just adjust something

Back