Ben roethlisberger busa accident

BUSAFETT

Registered
Didn't see any posts on this yet, so I figured I'd start it off.. Steelers QB went down on a Busa not wearing a helmet, needed 7 hrs of surgery. Was it worth it?

The article is here.

BUSAFETT

Posts all over here yesterday. But the obvious response is that, of course it wasn't worth it. Everyone does stupid things, and sometimes they regret it later. The accident made me realize that I need new, more protective gloves, back armor, and something to protect my knees (aside from leathers, if it exists). Prayers out for Ben to recover quickly.

<!--EDIT|05 Busa LE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150222140 -->

Heard about this but didn't realize he was on a Busa. I wonder if he'll wear a helmet next time he rides, or if there will be a next time?

Famous last words: it's not a law. If it was...I would've worn one. Doah....ya know, it's not a law you have to have a parachute to go skydiving either.....when will people learn? Sorry, no pity here.

News says a broken jaw (
wow.gif
 ouch) and un-named head injury (probably from the Coach Slapping him for being SO DUMB
laugh.gif

A couple of comments: I used to wear leather pants with built in knee cups but started liking jeans on warmer days. To protect myself I bought hard knee and shin guards that velcro across my calves under my jeans. So if I take a hit or put a knee down on a twisty I'm protected.

Regarding state helmet laws, I have always been a cynic and I truly believe that most legistated safety regulations are lobbied and paid for by the insurance industry. I believe that the insurance industry brought about the original helmet laws because they thought it would reduce hospitalization/recovery costs, but over time decided that it would be less expensive to have a motorcycle crash victim die because of massive head injuries, a less than $10,000 funeral, rather than have him/her survive and incur medical costs which are always well into 5 figures.

Anyone who thinks that the increasing number of states repealing helmet laws are doing so because helmets don't matter, also believes that government has the best interest of its citizens in mind, which ain't so Joe!

I HOPE BIG BEN HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY. NOT SURE HOW FAST HE WAS GOING, BUT I SUGGEST WEARING A HELMET IS BETTER THAN LOOKING COOL. GET WELL BIG BEN !!!!!!!!
sad.gif

Back