Belly pan alternative?

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Since I put the frame covers on my belly pan is pretty much impossible to get on properly. You can't get the front part where it connects to the main fairing to stay put which creates a big wind catcher.

Are there any alternative belly pan designs for gen 2 that connect differently than the factory version?

For now, no belly pan.

20230324_111329.jpg

20230324_111301.jpg

Since I put the frame covers on my belly pan is pretty much impossible to get on properly. You can't get the front part where it connects to the main fairing to stay put which creates a big wind catcher.

Are there any alternative belly pan designs for gen 2 that connect differently than the factory version?

For now, no belly pan.

View attachment 1664432

View attachment 1664433
Maybe leave the belly pan off if you like the look and relocate the rectifier to the rear turn signal pod area? That’s what I did when I upgraded to a mosfet rectifier, even though, I left my belly pan on.

Maybe leave the belly pan off if you like the look and relocate the rectifier to the rear turn signal pod area? That’s what I did when I upgraded to a mosfet rectifier, even though, I left my belly pan on.
Considering relocation but it'll stay cool where it is.

Ran mine for two years after doing the above in south Florida and it never got hot enough to matter. Left my belly pan off as I thought it looked better that way.

Ran mine for two years after doing the above in south Florida and it never got hot enough to matter. Left my belly pan off as I thought it looked better that way.
I probably will relocate it eventually. It would certainly look better. I don't really think it's likely to be damaged where it is though

Bracket ordered. Will use your thread for reference.

Back