Banging my head against a wall!!!

Salty

Registered
So over the last few weeks I have been doing a significant amount of work to my 2011 Hayabusa in preparation for both LSR events and Track days I am attending in July.

Products Installed:
Brock's Alien Head 2 (Ceramic Black),
Power Commander V,
Healtech Speedo Healer,
K&N Race Air Filter,
Galfer Front and Rear Braided Brake Lines (Black),
Racetech 1.01kg Front Springs with race weight fork oil and new seals,
Mirror Block Off Plates,
Custom Painted Stock Wheels,
TomTom GPS Unit,
Xentec 35w HID Conversion Kit for H7/H9 8k,
Powder Coated all bolts, rear sets, passenger rear sets, pegs and anything else that was not black,

So I finally have all the parts back on the bike, the custom maps from Brock's loaded onto the PCV. Decide before I put the side plastics all back on that I better take the bike out for a test ride to ensure theirs nothing else left to adjust before the final side plastics are added on.

Go for a very nice but rather short ride to check it all out. Bike is running like a dream, cannot belive the overall change in performance, handling and sounds...props to all companies involved for the great products I installed.

So I get the bike back home and start putting on the left side fairings, move onto the front lower fairings and radiator guards, move onto the right fairing and all of a sudden I realize my belly pan is gone... (EXPLETIVES ENSUED &$#*@&*!????)

I had left the belly pan on when I took the plastics off because it was out of the way and I did not even think about it being an issue...so when I got on the bike to take it for its test ride I didnt even think about what I was doing or that it would have any impact.

After driving my wifes car around my short route twice I finally came across a badly destroyed belly pan. I picked up the pieces I could and brought them home...

So, long story short...NEVER EVER EVER EVER Ride your bike with only the Belly Pan attached, those two little push pins are not enough to hold it on the bike at any speed what so ever unless its clipped on to the rest of your plastics...

Oh and I need a new belly pan now sponsors....

well, that's a new one, never heard of anyone doing that (although i'm quite sure someone has and just didn't admit it in public :laugh:)...sorry you lost your belly pan!

I have a nice black one. Not sure what it's worth.

If you have a black Gen 2 (08-present) belly pan I would love to buy it off of you, I am seeing them online so far starting at $69.99 used up to $119.99 new and Carbon Fiber starting at $149 so if you want to work a deal on it let me know.

I did something similar to mine.
I was changing my oil in the driveway 2 days before I had to be out of the house and the ex's brother brought over a moving van to move her crap out. I didn't want to be in the way, so I hurridly put everything back together, but did not bolt in the belly pan. Drove up and into the garage when I heard crunch! The front of the pan caught on the lip of the garage and bent it all the way back. The only thing holding it together was the heat shield on the inside.

It has been like that for 5 years now.

Stop banging ur head you'll damage the wall :laugh: Hopefully you'll get it worked out.

Stop banging ur head you'll damage the wall :laugh: Hopefully you'll get it worked out.

LOL...thanks for the insight my wife probably would not be very happy if I start damaging walls....I have started checking around..really not to bad of a price to replace a piece of plastic fairing...

Looks like they took a step backwards on the Gen II's

On my Gen I the belly pan is held on by screws and if they were not loosened I feel it would still be there after a ride.

But thanks for the heads up and to be on the safe side I would probably remove it if for some reason
I wanted to ride it without the side fairings on it.

Salty, well at least this lesson wasn't too costly as it could have been a lot worse.
How many times have we heard about someones kickstand giving way and the bike tipping over?
That is WAY more expensive than a belly pan. :laugh:

I been riding without a belly pan on my 08 for a couple years now...

You need it for land speed racing(the OP's goal with the bike). It directs air around the rear tire, and makes a small difference in top speed. Every little bit helps in LSR.
Otherwise it's whether or not you like how it looks.

New to the busa world got to ask where is the belly pan or is it a aftermarket part you add on :thumbsup:

Under the footpegs, behind the fairings.
Small plastic cowl that directs air around the rear wheel/tire.
It's a factory part.

You need it for land speed racing(the OP's goal with the bike). It directs air around the rear tire, and makes a small difference in speed. Every little bit helps in LSR.
Otherwise it's whether or not you like how it looks.

Oh,, ok...I was wondering what that thing was for...

I have a nice black one. Not sure what it's worth.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

1bondoman came to my rescue selling me this replacement piece for my bike.

Great transaction, this is why I love this website, it's because of great guys like Joel willing to help a busa brother out.

Back