Bell Star Matte Carbon Helmet

That is one pretty looking helmet. For a while I thought about the Cerwinske.

Star Matte Carbon Helmet Review from SportbikeTrackGear.com - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sizing...

Helmet Sizing Guide - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I really like the Cerwinski and I did see that review. im more concerned with its overall weight compared to other helmets of similar quality. the transitions lens is a big bonus as well. didnt see that helmet sizing video tho. thats good to know

Great looking helmet. The local shop had a carbon fiber helmet for years $700.00 the sales guy said he got it for a great deal :laugh:

ive got a big head but i know my bell vortex helmet which is a 2xl physically is a very large shell, its quite a bit bigger than my dads 3xl scorpion but i dont know about the star series

yea I really like the Cerwinski and I did see that review. im more concerned with its overall weight compared to other helmets of similar quality. the transitions lens is a big bonus as well. didnt see that helmet sizing video tho. thats good to know

I believe it is right up there with the rest of the high end helmets in weight. I want to say it is in the top 7-10 in lightweight.

Star Motorcycle Helmet Bell Sports

1500 gram = 3.306 933 932 8 pound

Watch out about the helmet sizing guide, Lynne and me measured our heads at the widest part and they measured for a medium helmet for both of us, but when we went into a shop to try on medium helmets they didn't even go over the top of our heads had to get XL helmets.

I bought one over the summer, not the carbon one though. I usually wear a large helmet, but my bell star is medium. Your going to get a lot of wind noise with it. Other than that I love it. Visor can be swapped in seconds.

Thanks alot Brett.. Now I've got to come up with $650... Jerk....:banghead:

More like $770:laugh:
The photochromatic sheild is $120, and worth every penny! No more changing sheilds...ever!
It transitions from clear to dark almost instantly, and adjusts to light accordingly anywhere in between.
I'de been waiting for years for someone to finally put this technology into motorcycle sheilds.:thumbsup:

:laugh: glad I could help. I know every time I open this dam forum I end up spending more money myself.....:banghead:

the wind noise is the only complaint I hear but I guess thats the trade-off with good air flow. the photocramatic lens is why I originally wanted to buy it but its got to be one of the best lookn helmets out there as imo.

I wish it was slightly lighter but it is DOT and Snell 2010 certified so I guess thats the trade-off with the extra weight compared to some of the other lightweight carbon helmets of there.

cant find anyone around here that sells them tho so im a little weary about sizing but if I order from STG or Revzilla they have a pretty good return policy but id like to try one on so I dont have to go thru the drama of shipping it back if it doesnt fit.

people say its expensive and it is but its your HEAD and whats the sense of wearing a helmet if your not gonna buy one of the safest ones out there. at least thats the excuse I keep telling myself to justify spending $700+ for a helmet....:whistle::laugh:

Back