BEEN THERE DONE THAT

onejeti

Registered
I had the 99 ,2001 2004..I thought i'd wait to see how the 2008 busa was going to work out and i sold my 04...so i bought a 2007 1400 zx...on the ride home on an 80 deg day it ran hot the whole time..always 4 bars out of 5 on the gauge. S
deadhorse.gif
eems that kawasaki used one fan,,owners have opted to put two on and going at high way speeds was no better,poor air flow to radiator..power was good and seating position about the same as my o4 with the spacer in the bars.[comfortable].after 40 miles i stopped to show a friend and noticed a bolt missing in the fairing...turns out it screwed in to a rubber grommet that went into the air box..so i took it apart looking for the piece after i got the new bolt from the dealer..taking the bike apart was like some body never thought anything out..plastic shroud around the front of the tank snaps in amd its a pain in the butt to get back together right,fairing was poorly fitted together and secured..little things like under seat storage was gone..in fact you had to remove the whole seat..no real good way to fasten a jacket without going over the paint..no bar on the back to steady the bike to put it on the pit bull as i really looked the bike over it was clear,it might b a blink faster or not....but it wasn't what i wanted...i never found the piece that went into the air box...it was trailered back to the dealer and i waited for the 08....now that i have it.....it was the best thing i've done in a long time...I have the blue with the gold wheels.It is one of the sharpest bikes i ever owned and i've have had 15 of them im 52 years old.I loved my 04 but this 08 has me smileing all the time....something for you to think about if your looking for a new bike..

This is the bolt that was missing on the other side.the piece of rubber with the metal insert probbally was not in there from the factory or it made way in to the intake.

ZZR_004_A.JPG

Interesting you said that...Looks like quality issues...I went to the Kawasaki shop the other day and saw the 08' ZX14...I've been trying to decide between the busa, ZX14, and the Concours14...I posted this info about the 08' ZX14 I saw on another website to get some feedback as I like both the ZX14 and busa but I'm carefully weighing my decision and quality is important to me....

"Got to see the new 08' ZX14....The bikes look really nice and I was thinking about getting it and started looking over it real intensely and a found that there was what appeared to be an oil leak on a brand new bike on the showroom floor!!

On the right side toward the rear of the motor and it looked to be coming from those two bolts on the cases near the counter balancer...A small pool of oil right on the cases...Looked like it was seeping from the bolt...Then, looked at the other 14 and a couple of concours and they all had some oil in the same spot...There were a few 07' ZX14's and they were dry....

I'm wondering if it was an oil spill when they were filled at the factory...However, it looked like a trail coming right from the bolt.Needless to say, I didn't feel comfotable purchasing then...

Does anyone know if this is a problem area ? Could it be a coincidence that I saw that on 4 different bikes or just some oil spill from factory oil fill up ?

THANKS FOR THE INPUT ON BOTH BIKES.AS I WAIT FOR THE NEW BIKES TO SHOW UP ON DEALERSHIP FLOORS AND BEING UNABLE TO TEST RIDE THE ZX 14 OR BUSA IT MAKES A CHOICE DIFFICULT.I CONTINUE TO LEAN TOWARDS THE BUSA FOR SEVERAL REASONS,THE BUSA HAS A LONG HISTORY,MORE COMFORT,FEELS SMALLER,A VERY LOYAL OWNERSHIP GROUP,LESS REPAIR ISSUES,LOOKS SHARP.SO I HOPE PEOPLE WITH KNOWLAGE ABOUT BOTH BIKES WILL CONTINUE TO POST WHAT THEY LIKE, DISLIKE ABOUT THE ZX 14 AND BUSA.

THANKS MATT

Very nice write up and very nice '08 ya have there sir!!!

The Busa certainly offers an entire package (from track to grocery getter to touring) and does so with kick'n looks but I cant wait to see some pics / bikes with an aftermarket exhaust system installed. I understand Zuk had to comply with emmisions regs and did what they had to but a sleak, carbon Yosh system has got to set off the look!

Ride Safe and welcome to the .Org!

Gotta admit... The ZX-14 does come with its own George Forman Grill attatched to the fairings.
biggrin.gif

It actually is a George Foreman Grill, after being touched by the Transformers magical metal cube that breathes life into machines...

You all are killing me.
laugh.gif
Ok here is my look on this topic.

I currently own a 2007 black ZX-14. The only color that takes away some from the George Foreman Grills. I currently have over 4,000 miles on the bike and have never had a problem. I have owned three Hayabusa's in the past. A 2004, 2001, and a 2000. I have only had one problem on my 2001 busa. Goes back to the saying, was the bike built on a Friday, Monday Morning, or a Wed. I have never heard of a manufaturer that did not have problems.

Your going to have bikes out there with problems, its sure thing.

I did a write up a while ago on this site between the busa and the 14, but the search is down.

I have not ridden the new 2008 busa, but I am looking foward to it. As soon as one of my students brings one to class im all over it.

Thats how I found the 14. A student brought it up the MSF course and told me to take it for a spin. It felt lighter and quicker than my 04 busa. Not only that, I took it thru the course after the class was over and compared the busa and the 14 thru each exercise.

I sold the busa the next day and I'm a Huge BUSA Fan, but I am all about the ride, not the brand. I am strong beliver in ride what feels good to you, who gives a **** who makes it and what anyone thinks. I have never said a negative thing to a rider who decides to ride another brand. I'm just happy they are out there riding  
beerchug.gif

In my profession as a Ridercoach, we tell our riders, buy what is comfortable to you.

Who knows, I may ride the 08 Busa and find that bike to be for me, untill then I'll smile riding the 14. And when it does get a little hot (they do run hot) I just throw a burger on grill and have me a roadside barbeque.

I have to say something though, Has anyone noticed that the 08 Busa's tail light looks like the Boulevard Tail Light? I guess im just a fan of the older original busa look.

Rider Safe and Ride Fun

Dave (Coach)

Back