delivery man came knocking today

e=mc hammer

Registered
Hey wuts up everybody, my bike came just after I got home from work , the blue was a good choice however I have a couple of newbie questions . First off my gel seat dosent seat right on the bike there is a huge gap between the seat and the tank it seems like the batt is to tall for it , im thinking the parts guy maybe gave me a gen 1 seat. The other prob was with the grab handle , those four bolts are so tight its seems like they were put on with a air wrench the metal seems way to soft for the amount of tourqe needed to get them to break loose . I have some pics but it wont load the post with them attached. Thanks for any input

well I did some exploring it is an gen 2 seat I didnt know that there was that much of a difference in the two seats

lurk.gif
beerchug.gif

Are you sure the seat is engaged correctly? Pics would help if you can load them.

There is indeed a noteworthy gap between the front of the Gen2 seat and the aft-end of the fuel tank. I think the idea was to leave room for the enormous vibe-reducing rubber mounts. I just went out to measure the gap on mine and it is approx. 3/16ths inch.

Once you un-seat those bolts for the grab-bar, they'll never be as tight again. Just make sure you don't strip 'em while loosening them up for the first time.

How's it going otherwise?

great except that we are supposed to get 10" of snow the bike has a whole 0 miles on the clock . I think my pics are to big and thats why they wont load , im gonna try the windows paint trick

hijack.gif
spank.gif
Argh! Reflectors! Reflectors! take off the damn reflectors!
corner2.png
haha that's 2 newbies I have beat on today...ahh ain't life grand! BTW Nice ride
beerchug.gif

Back