Been on here (The Org) over 20 YEARS now. Yes I have a few stories....YOU first...

Lol what's a rider without a few wrecks under their belt?

I'm good finished my last day of physio this week and back to full time work.
I can honestly say (knock on wood) that I've never had a major crash....a couple high sides slipping on something in an intersection......in all my years of riding I'm fortunate....

I only crashed on the track once-on a borrowed RG250RR race bike....I wasn't invited back to ride them again for some reason....

74CC28FC-ABB7-4479-AB16-EA2A01EADC6E.jpeg

20 years ago I was 13 lol.
I was 16 back then, had never even sat on a street bike 20 years ago, lol. Never would have guessed a year later I would be riding an R1. My parents bought it for me so they either respected me a lot more than they should have, or they really didn't want me around anymore!

Just passed 1 year since I registered here on the 3rd of this month but find myself reading through old posts for hours sometimes.

I was 16 back then, had never even sat on a street bike 20 years ago, lol. Never would have guessed a year later I would be riding an R1. My parents bought it for me so they either respected me a lot more than they should have, or they really didn't want me around anymore!

Just passed 1 year since I registered here on the 3rd of this month but find myself reading through old posts for hours sometimes.
Man my mom cried for days when I got my first sportbike (R1 also) when I was younger lol. I am going to have to go with thhe latter lololol.

You are the age of my older son...if you are 36 that is.....

He rides but is very responsible....I offered him my hopped up Bandit but he declined and kept his GSX750 instead....

You are the age of my older son...if you are 36 that is.....

He rides but is very responsible....I offered him my hopped up Bandit but he declined and kept his GSX750 instead....
Yep, 36 until December. Luckily I'm a bit more relaxed now than back then. The first time I took it on the highway my dad caught me doing a wheelie as he was on his way home from work. Now I think about it Jeff is probably right and they didn't want me around eating all the food anymore :lol:

Yep, 36 until December. Luckily I'm a bit more relaxed now than back then. The first time I took it on the highway my dad caught me doing a wheelie as he was on his way home from work. Now I think about it Jeff is probably right and they didn't want me around eating all the food anymore :lol:
My son is 36 until Nov so close.....

I recall back in the day some farm folk my family knows were in the Yamaha shop looking at an RZ500 for their then 16 year old son, they figured it was only a 500 so how much trouble could he get in on it.....he had it exactly one week before it was totaled with him in the hospital for a month....

My son is 36 until Nov so close.....

I recall back in the day some farm folk my family knows were in the Yamaha shop looking at an RZ500 for their then 16 year old son, they figured it was only a 500 so how much trouble could he get in on it.....he had it exactly one week before it was totaled with him in the hospital for a month....
Sounds familiar! I think I had mine close to a year, so last a bit longer but mine ended up on the back of a wrecker also. Thought I was invincible, leaned into a turn at about 120mph and the back end slid out from road debris. I got extremely lucky and just had minor road rash from skipping across a driveway then slid across grass. I actually managed to get it back upright, but by time I did I was inches from a curb and my friends watched me fly like superman into the woods.

That was my first and only crash to this day luckily!

I've been on a few chat forums over the last 20 years. Cars and Moto's. This one easily is the most welcoming, fun, supportive and informative. No BS. Just guys and gals talking about a mutual enthusiasm. Sort of refreshing in this modern internet world.
I joined in here 6 years ago, 6071 posts, only other social media/bike forum I'd been on previously was a UK GSXR forum, (I had a GSXR1000K6) it was a pretty small close knit group there.
I found this site and was sold on how welcoming it was. . .and still is.
I've spent may enjoyable hours looking through threads and chatting to you lot here!
Made some connections and I have learned a fair bit as well!
I reckon I'll always check in here daily, amongst all the other regular stuff I watch and read, it's a good place to be!

Back