Been around a while

dm_gsxr

Weirdo Freak
Donating Member
Registered
Since we're posting intros. I've been lurking for a while. I've been riding since the mid 70's. About 18 months ago I made arrangements and picked up a 95 GSXR 750, mainly for trading purposes than actually riding. The problem is that my main ride spent some time in the shop so I hopped on it and rode it. I found that I enjoyed the thrill of the bike but didn't like the size. As a larger guy (6'2" 275lbs) I felt I needed a larger bike. After moving to Colorado, I started hunting for a newer sportbike. I found quite a few "too fast for me" ads in the paper for the Hayabusa even though I was really looking to get a GSXR1000. While reviewing the ads in cycle trader I found a nice 'busa. Low mileage and it had Heli-bars installed. I went for a test ride and fell in love immediately. My wife asked me if I was going to get a 'busa anyway and I said, probably so she told me to just buy this one.

And here I am. I've put on a second look tank bra and am going to be installing a Throttlemeister. I tend to lean towards the long distance side of the house although I'm learning how to lean right and enjoying the mountains of Colorado. A part of my dedication to riding right was to start losing weight. I've dropped about 70 pounds since last June. I figure I've gained about 10 horse power
smile.gif

On a more personal note, I've been a computer geek since '79 when I picked up a Sinclair. I've started my own company to satisfy a contract so now I'm a self-employed unix geek. I enjoy skiing as well. My other bike is a Harley Softail to satisfy different mental requirements. I'm also learning welding to finish building a 70's era Honda chopper.

Carl

Since we're posting intros. I've been lurking for a while. I've been riding since the mid 70's. About 18 months ago I made arrangements and picked up a 95 GSXR 750, mainly for trading purposes than actually riding. The problem is that my main ride spent some time in the shop so I hopped on it and rode it. I found that I enjoyed the thrill of the bike but didn't like the size. As a larger guy (6'2" 275lbs) I felt I needed a larger bike. After moving to Colorado, I started hunting for a newer sportbike. I found quite a few "too fast for me" ads in the paper for the Hayabusa even though I was really looking to get a GSXR1000. While reviewing the ads in cycle trader I found a nice 'busa. Low mileage and it had Heli-bars installed. I went for a test ride and fell in love immediately. My wife asked me if I was going to get a 'busa anyway and I said, probably so she told me to just buy this one.

And here I am. I've put on a second look tank bra and am going to be installing a Throttlemeister. I tend to lean towards the long distance side of the house although I'm learning how to lean right and enjoying the mountains of Colorado. A part of my dedication to riding right was to start losing weight. I've dropped about 70 pounds since last June. I figure I've gained about 10 horse power
smile.gif

On a more personal note, I've been a computer geek since '79 when I picked up a Sinclair. I've started my own company to satisfy a contract so now I'm a self-employed unix geek. I enjoy skiing as well. My other bike is a Harley Softail to satisfy different mental requirements. I'm also learning welding to finish building a 70's era Honda chopper.

Carl
welcome so how does the busa do in the snow?

I think you'll love the bike and this group

Lannir Settles

DSC00173.JPG

welcome so how does the busa do in the snow?

I think you'll love the bike and this group

Lannir Settles
About as you'd expect. Lots of sliding. Fortunately it was a straight run out to the clear street.

How do you like the corbin saddlebags? I'm thinking about them but with the odd shape and high cost, I'm not sure just how practical they are for actual trips.

And thanks.

Carl

As a former Coloradoan and a Harley/Busa rider as well, Welcome to the board!

Welcome to the board! More gutsy than I am ridin' through the snow and all.

Welcome to the board! Do those reflectors blind other riders/drives with the light from the snow? j/k -
tounge.gif
I used to ride my ZX-11 in the snow up in Md and Va, but drifting on a bike isn't near as fun as in a car..... I had considered the beetlebags, but I prefer hi-mounts to stock exhaust.

Welcome to the board dude. You are going to love it here
biggrin.gif

Congrats on your bike purchase... she looks sweet
smile.gif

Welcome to the board and congrats on the bike. You have more guts than I do riding in the snow. My baby is sitting in the heated garage until Springtime here in IL.

Congrats you made a great choice to pick up that Busa, ride safe and enjoy,,,,,,,,careful in the snow though:;):

Back