Been A Looonnnnggg Time

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
It has been a long time since I have logged on to the Org. I see a bunch of old posts. Is the board not as active as it used to be? Are any of the older members still around? It has been probably 4 or 5 years since I have been here.

Welcome back, some have moved on, sold their bikes, etc. But there are many of still around and active.

I haven't even started my bike in atleast 3yrs. Need a new battery and need to put some gas in it, but I just can't seem to let her go. I am in the process of getting her up and running again. Ready to head back to the track!!!

There are still a lot of folks lurking around... They pop out every once in awhile, we don't get out much since they increased security and started locking us to our wheelchairs...

It's funny but the new generation of active guys are reviving the old conversations! Now I always check the date on every post........

Another blast from the past...it has been a LONG time man! :) Now, start that Busa up!!

Been a long time.....

Still here checkin' from time to time. Still conducting tours all over California - 15th year. Still sending out Hayabusa parts via www.PashnitBusa.com

In May I had a brain bleed stroke while leading a Pashnit Tour, 7 days in ICU being poked & prodded, full recovery but quite the surprise, a stroke at 45, didn't see that coming, thought I was bulletproof, Decided to have a mid-life crisis and buy the bike I've always wanted after 10 years of Hayabusa ownership & did a natiowide search for a sweet looking' TL1000R. 17 years ago I got married and have lusted after the bikes I couldn't afford when we were starting our lives ( had a ZX-11D back then) .TL shares a lot of parts with the Gen-I Busa.

So I just bought this: an '02 with 15k for $3500.

I haven't even ridden it yet.

My mod list is about 75 different changes. ;)

36324450323_2f9ebdfb10_o.jpg

36740427950_9cefeaa6c4_o.jpg

36324450923_0145371c46_b.jpg

Wow! That's one clean tiller! Sorry to hear about your set back but glad to hear you're up and at it again Tim. I always liked reading about your tours, maybe one day......

WOW, Jinkster....... sir how are you doing, it's been a long time..

Hey Cap! :)

And yes it has been a long time...too long...so I'll try to condense and consolidate here...

By the grace of God?...I've been Clean & Sober since 07/27/2010...not a snort a swig a puff or a pill!...Just Life...Straight Up...Lots of Higher Power...No Chaser! LOL!

"The Busa Story and how Oren Ishii Got Sold":

In Nov. of 2013 with a little over 3 years Clean & Sober but still financially recovering from my addiction?...I stepped out into the garage feeling bad because I was only riding Oren enough to keep her battery charged to preserve what was little left of her umpteenth rear tire where as I reviewed the situation?...I determined this now 10 year old bike was ready for a complete refreshing...rebuilt suspension with new everything...tires...brakes...sprockets and chain...and by the time I added it all up?...I was looking at about $2K-$2,500 that I'd be pouring into a bike worth $4,500 where I also recognized that in my failing health?...I had about as much business riding it as a mechanical bull has in a rest home...my legs were going numb from diabetic neuropathy and my reactions times were slowing so on the chopping block she went.

An older friendly coworker at my shop saw me moping around all down in the face the day the buyer was coming after work to complete this sad transaction asking me what the matter was and when I told him?...He informed me he was selling his bike too and like me was having trouble getting much for it because it was an '05 Vulcan but that it only had 8K miles on the odo as he rode it very little but that it was well kept in his A/C'ed garage which is when I popped the question of "How Much?"....(cause I was really having trouble even thinking about how life might be without two wheels in the garage) which is when we did some horse trading and he took $3K and a scoped rifle I had he wanted for this /05 1500 Vulcan Classic....so I sold Oren latter that day and rode this home the next....

vulcan3.jpg

And I actually had to fight back tears riding it home where this comparative slug of a bike preformed like I pulled two plugs out of my beloved Busa...was scary heavy and?...sounded like the air pump on a fish tank but?...at least I was riding.

I took it home and a week later?....I had a new battery, plugs and air filter in it with all fluids freshly changed with a new set of Avon Cobra's and a month later?...I installed a set of V&H Staggered Dual Classics walong with other associated mods to clean things up exhaust/performance wise and by that time?...I was smiling because I had this heavy bike all dialed in where it was gobbling up bumps like pacman and handled the interstates like a Cadillac.

And it must have been the right thing to do because 2 years later?...I suffered a stroke that landed me in the E.R. where it took me 3 days to learn how to limp again! LOL!

Butcha know what?...I still ride! :)

Every now and then I catch a glimpse of my long line of retired Shoei lids stowed away in the closet with my Cortech Leathers and Sidi Boots but instead of crying because it's over?....I smile because it happened. ;)

Yep...that's how I'm doing...bet you're sorry you asked! LOL!

I feel your pain. The 16 of Oct. I go in for knee replacement. I'm riding as much as I can. Hurts when get off, but will hurt more when I can't get on

......Butcha know what?...I still ride! :)
Every now and then I catch a glimpse of my long line of retired Shoei lids stowed away in the closet with my Cortech Leathers and Sidi Boots but instead of crying because it's over?....I smile because it happened. ;)
I've learned lots from your "how to" post. What a great out look! Thanks for that.:beerchug:

Hey Cap! :)

And yes it has been a long time...too long...so I'll try to condense and consolidate here...

By the grace of God?...I've been Clean & Sober since 07/27/2010...not a snort a swig a puff or a pill!...Just Life...Straight Up...Lots of Higher Power...No Chaser! LOL!

"The Busa Story and how Oren Ishii Got Sold":

In Nov. of 2013 with a little over 3 years Clean & Sober but still financially recovering from my addiction?...I stepped out into the garage feeling bad because I was only riding Oren enough to keep her battery charged to preserve what was little left of her umpteenth rear tire where as I reviewed the situation?...I determined this now 10 year old bike was ready for a complete refreshing...rebuilt suspension with new everything...tires...brakes...sprockets and chain...and by the time I added it all up?...I was looking at about $2K-$2,500 that I'd be pouring into a bike worth $4,500 where I also recognized that in my failing health?...I had about as much business riding it as a mechanical bull has in a rest home...my legs were going numb from diabetic neuropathy and my reactions times were slowing so on the chopping block she went.

An older friendly coworker at my shop saw me moping around all down in the face the day the buyer was coming after work to complete this sad transaction asking me what the matter was and when I told him?...He informed me he was selling his bike too and like me was having trouble getting much for it because it was an '05 Vulcan but that it only had 8K miles on the odo as he rode it very little but that it was well kept in his A/C'ed garage which is when I popped the question of "How Much?"....(cause I was really having trouble even thinking about how life might be without two wheels in the garage) which is when we did some horse trading and he took $3K and a scoped rifle I had he wanted for this /05 1500 Vulcan Classic....so I sold Oren latter that day and rode this home the next....

View attachment 1576611

And I actually had to fight back tears riding it home where this comparative slug of a bike preformed like I pulled two plugs out of my beloved Busa...was scary heavy and?...sounded like the air pump on a fish tank but?...at least I was riding.

I took it home and a week later?....I had a new battery, plugs and air filter in it with all fluids freshly changed with a new set of Avon Cobra's and a month later?...I installed a set of V&H Staggered Dual Classics walong with other associated mods to clean things up exhaust/performance wise and by that time?...I was smiling because I had this heavy bike all dialed in where it was gobbling up bumps like pacman and handled the interstates like a Cadillac.

And it must have been the right thing to do because 2 years later?...I suffered a stroke that landed me in the E.R. where it took me 3 days to learn how to limp again! LOL!

Butcha know what?...I still ride! :)

Yep...that's how I'm doing...bet you're sorry you asked! LOL!

WOW, had no idea you had gone through so many personal challenges, I wish you would have let us know. Good to see you posting and to be honest it sounds like we are lucky to see you breathing. Hang in there, I don't care if it's a moped your riding just stay on two wheels and never lose the love to ride.
Keep in touch here and don't think that your not welcome, you always brought a great perspective and a good laugh...

Hang tough and let us know if we can do anything to help..

cap

Thanks Cap! :)

My coworker bud who sold me the Vulcan keeps joking that one day I'm going to hafta spring for a "Trike Kit" for it (cause he actually worries I might go down over diabetic neuropathy/numbness in my legs) but I keep telling him that I'd rather go down than ride a trike! LOL!...man's gotta lean ya know! ;)

At one point I even wore a patch on my back for a couple years riding under my mentor who still is the elected Chaplain for the Local MC Chapters...as sanctioned by The Outlaws....

patch2.jpg

Rode and spread The Word in some fairly scrupulous places...

bikebless4.jpg

Had a Grandson...

rileyvulcan.jpg

You know....normal whacky stuff aka "Life" LOL! ;)

Back