Bearing advice

celticBandit

Registered
Hi,
My front wheel started squeaking on Saturday so I guess my bearings are gone. I want to order new ones locally before I take the wheel off. Can anyone tell me:

1. Size 25x52x15 - Is that the correct size.
2. Should the new bearing be sealed or not? Or does it matter.

Thanks
Tony

PS. I really like the way I got a Happy Birthday message from the board today. Thanks

Have you checked the Maint guide that you can dl from the board?

'Oh and happy b-day
beerchug.gif

Hi, and thanks for the reply.
The manual just says that the "sealed cover of the bearing must face outside".

But that would suggest that only one side of the bearing is sealed. Doesn't make sense.

I've replace bearings on my old bandit with sealed ones before without any trouble. I was just mondering if any of you guys would know if the hayabusa was in anyway particular about what type of bearings it takes.

Thanks
tony

Stock bearings are only sealed on one side.

If you're replacing them, you might as well go ahead and put in fully sealed units. I've seen the inside of my stock bearings, and it wasn't pretty.

I get all mine from worldwidebearings.com. Just call them. They are great to work with.

Ball type bearing, semi-sealed. If your replacing I agree, get the WWB total sealed bearings, they last longer.

Thanks Guys,
Does anyone know whether to use rubber sealed or metal sealed bearings.

The guy at the bearing place said that rubber sealed are for applications where you have lubrication oil next to the bearing, and metal sealed was for dry applications. He recommended metal sealed.

1+ worldwidebearings.com I ordered a set off ebay $75 for all 5 bearings.

I don't know about the rubber or metal sealed question. The ones I got from worldwidebearings.com are rubber sealed, both sides.

Also, there is a seal that goes on the outside of there the bearing resides. I know there was some discussion about finding replacements for that on the board. I was planning on getting a spare set to go with the spare set of bearings that I already have.

Happy Birthday
beerchug.gif

Replaced my front rim bearings back in Oct with World Wide Bearing too (all five for $75 shipped tmd).  Thanks to justin726 for posting up a link to them mth earlier.  
super.gif

Back