Need help with front wheel bearings

race24x

Registered
I have a 2000 Busa found one of my wheel bearings is bad leaking out grease. Where can I get new bearings and seals online at a decent price?

you can go to RonAyers.com and look em up. Prices are bout the best u can find.

I picked mine up straight from the dealer, probably paid maybe a couple dollars more, but also got em a few days quicker. Just depends on how bad u need them to get back up and going I guess.

ALSO, not sure if you are good at pressing bearings back in the wheel, but I had a BAD time with that, ended up just takin my wheel up to dealer and let them press them in. Took em approx 5 min to do it (even though they charged me 1/2 hour labor). That really saved me alot of extra headache.

you can go to RonAyers.com and look em up.  Prices are bout the best u can find.
I have consistently found prices from Motor Sports Super Store and M.R. Cycles to be cheaper than Ron Ayres on OEM parts. Both are site sponsors. You may have to send them a PM to get best pricing, but everything I have ordered has been a better deal than RA.

That said, bearings can often be found in the aftermarket at a better deal than OEM.

The front bearing is a very common 6205 bearing. It is not hard to find a quality sealed bearing at the local supplier for much less than oem. The actual number will depend on the manufacturer S6205, 6205-2RS, etc .. You are looking for a 25X52X15mm bearing.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the other vendors here have some aftermarket in stock.

Thanks guys I will check out the aftermarket bearings first. To tell you a little story I have a Polaris ATV the fan went I pulled it out and it said SPAL on it so I googled it found the fan with cage onbly issue with it was I had to change the plug end from SPAL for 80 Bucks + from Polaris dealer 300 + for the same damn thing. Anyway the local dealer scares me they didnt know how to do a Busa valve adjust and quoted me big bucks to do it.

I like the ceramic bearings
thumb_up.gif

Back