Be carefull

Night Busa

Registered
You all know how we are always having to look out for debris on the road ahead expecially at speed. Well....I was on my way south on I-95 running about 75-80 in pretty heavy traffic when a side cargo door from a tractor trailer came off hit the ground just in front of me and bounced up at fender height. I smashed into me front wheel, dug out the left side of the fender and put some deep gouges in my left side fairing on my 10 month old busa. Hit my leg so hard I thought it might be broken until I saw it held me weight at the rest area I pulled over at. $2750.00 damage to the bike. Front wheel bent, bearing assembly, front axle, fender and side fairing. A little higher it could've took me out. BE CAREFULL.

Bike can be fixed. Glad your not hurt.

I hate interstate riding. I watched the tread shed off a big truck tire and missed my riding buddy's head by 6 inches.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Damn , you're lucky to be alive . That could have been way worse . Glad you are okay . How the hell did you not dump the bike with the front tire bent

Wow man that sounds like a hairy situation glad to see you made it out unscathed make sure you get the leg checked out before you settle

Hate hearing stories like this. Glad you're OK though. Unbelievable that it didn't play out worse than it did.

If you didn't get a license plate or name on the truck, maybe you'll get lucky with an ad in the local paper asking if someone saw it happen and got a license plate. Amazing what a $100 reward can do. You should not have to pay for it.

The state patrol gets very interested in your call when you let them know things are falling off vehicles.

Sent from my GSB v3.6 ODEXed using Tapatalk

Looks like your guardian angel worked for his pay that day. Glad you didn't get seriously injured.

Sent from my GSB v3.6 ODEXed using Tapatalk

Not sure being careful would help in this situation mate. Closest thing that has happened to me was an empty bucket flying out of the back of a pickup right in front of me at around 90mph. I still don't know how it missed my head, but it was only by inches.

Sucks that so much damage was done to your bike, but hey, it's only money right?

Be very careful out there. I have seen truck bed liners fly out of the truck bed. Seen camper shells take flight. Yeah, retreads flying off a big rig is an attention getter no matter what you are traveling in or on. Seen a boat come flying off a semi at freeway speeds. Holly cow, talk about cars reacting. Heading home from work, I am approaching an overpass that crosses I-5. As I get near the top of the overpass I see a wheel and axle leave a pickup. The p/u driver had no idea the wheel was gone untill it passed the p/u. I watched the speeding wheel and axle go off road, bounce, and then jump up about 15ft over a fence, and head out through a vacant field. By then the p/u was pulling over. All this happened in mere seconds.

Wow....almost the same here. Last month Some CLOWN in a pick up was carrying an extension ladder in the box and it flew out. Luckily for me the car in front of me had to swerve or I might not have seen it in time.

Good thing you lived to tell about it. So please tell us more:laugh: did the driver stop? Did you get a license plate number or ID off the door? I would have at least kept the door for a souviner or conversation piece:laugh:

Back