BDE & Air Box Mod

TALYN

Donating Member
Registered
I was on Brocks website looking into buying his BDE streetsmart full system and reading about how he suggests the small airbox mod to go along with the exhaust, but then he said "of course, forget about passing any emissions test after removing the factory equipment". I might have misinterpreted this but does that mean that with the install of this system you cannot pass emissions?

10 views and no reply..... even the "farting girl" post got some comments...

Them zonies are tuff on SMOG, I see they even test diesels ! Good luck TALYN.

I don't need luck I need info.....
beerchug.gif

(spkerhed @ Dec. 14 2006,15:50) just wait to change the pipes till after you get it tested problem solved  
beerchug.gif
Roger that, I already own the bike, just thinking ahead... ouch... it hurts....
redcomprs2.gif

Who the hell cares!!!!

If it doesn't pass then retry!!!

(GIXERHP @ Dec. 14 2006,17:04) Who the hell cares!!!!

Like I said, was just thinking ahead, potential of selling factory exhaust to recoup expense of new system or keep in the event I sell it and the new buyer needs it to pass inspection... either way, just brainfarting...
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I was going to say just change back to factory but its a little hard if you sell the stockers but if needed ebay always has that stuff cheap

(TALYN @ Dec. 14 2006,17:25)

Like I said, was just thinking ahead, potential of selling factory exhaust to recoup expense of new system or keep in the event I sell it and the new buyer needs it to pass inspection... either way, just brainfarting...  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
You'll be lucky to get $100 bucks for the stock exhaust!

(GIXERHP @ Dec. 14 2006,17:40)
(TALYN @ Dec. 14 2006,17:25)

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
You'll be lucky to get $100 bucks for the stock exhaust!
$100 bucks could offset a portion of a new chain or half of a clutch mod or cushion kit.... etc...

For emissions, just tune it to run lean for the test. Ask the guy that maps it for you to give you an extra map that "should" pass emissions. You won't hurt it running it lean long enough to ride over to the DEQ (or wherever they test in AZ)
If it fails they give you a print out of the emissions. I would think a good tuner could lean the bike out to get past emissions. Also a tuner might be able to decipher what needs to be changed o make it pass emissions testing. Once it passes, just go home and reload the real map.
firedevil.gif

(SpeedGeek @ Dec. 14 2006,22:35) For emissions, just tune it to run lean for the test.  Ask the guy that maps it for you to give you an extra map that "should" pass emissions.   You won't hurt it running it lean long enough to ride over to the DEQ (or wherever they test in AZ)
If it fails they give you a print out of the emissions.  I would think a good tuner could lean the bike out to get past emissions.  Also a tuner might be able to decipher what needs to be changed o make it pass emissions testing.  Once it passes, just go home and reload the real map.
firedevil.gif
Good thinking SpeedGeek... thanks for the tip
beerchug.gif

Calif. is probably the toughest state on smog standards and they do not inspect nor test motorcycles for emissions compliance, called 'tail piping'...yet. I was concerned with getting caught with an exhaust system with greater than 95 db (the factory pipe is suppose to be 80 db). I had planned on holding on my stock exhaust if I ever had to change back because of a ticket, which would be one big pain. I found out that in Calif. (at least San Bernardino) they offer you the opportunity to a $273 fine and keep your 'illegal' system (or tinting on a cage). Well worth paying the fine. There have been rumors going around out here for a couple of years that they were going to start requiring motorcycles pass emissions testing prior to registration renewals. Boy, what a black market that would create! Hope this helps.

It really doesn't matter for me,,, ive got a dyno at my expense for free!

Back