Baxley sport chock

so now my debate is whether or not I want to spend 200 on a baxley or 400 on a bike lift.

I really would like the lift to get the bike up in the air when I work on it. I don't have a trailer or anything YET to haul the busa but would like one in the future with a baxley.....

decisions... decisions....
all_coholic.gif

(fstbusa @ Sep. 11 2006,20:30) so now my debate is whether or not I want to spend 200 on a baxley or 400 on a bike lift.

I really would like the lift to get the bike up in the air when I work on it.  I don't have a trailer or anything YET to haul the busa but would like one in the future with a baxley.....

all_coholic.gif
I use my lift all the time, they are a great investment. Oil changes have never been easier plus if you take your bike apart all of the time for fun(turbo) it puts everything at waist level.

The Baxley is awesome. I bolt mine onto the trailer and do run a strap through the rim and onto the hooks on the chock "just in case" as well as from the rear pegs, but then I'm trigger shy, my bike went down with 3 miles on it. The strap broke on the way home from the dealership while using a hoop chock.

I use the baxley in the garage also for service too, I lock into the chock, remove the belly pan and have a smaller floor jack that fits under there and can lift the rear of the bike 6-8 inches off the ground without it getting too tippy. Works great for chain service and cleaning the rear wheel etc...

(GSXcite @ Sep. 09 2006,12:59) PS, put those bikes in the van and come to the meet n greet this weekend. Chris will not be there to interpret for you, but I'll try to fill in.
biggrin.gif
What do they say about the apple not falling faR fRom the tRee  
pissed.gif

laugh.gif

(PDBusa @ Sep. 12 2006,05:58)
(GSXcite @ Sep. 09 2006,12:59) PS, put those bikes in the van and come to the meet n greet this weekend. Chris will not be there to interpret for you, but I'll try to fill in.
biggrin.gif
What do they say about the apple not falling faR fRom the tRee   
pissed.gif

laugh.gif
He is a minnie me, just not so mini!
jump9.gif

(RDosdorian @ Sep. 07 2006,13:35)
(GSXcite @ Sep. 07 2006,09
super.gif
) Update. I have mounted the Baxley on the trailer and it is awesome! Drive right on, two straps on the back and all done. Took the bike for a test drive on the trailer and it was as stable as can be. For those of you interested, give Street and track a call and Charles will fix you up.
I have done the same, but I still secure the front.  I just don't know if I completely trust the chock that much to only secure the rear.
When I had them in my trailer I set the upper clamp in the hole that allowed the tire to set deeper in the the chock. After that I only used the rear tie downs and towed my Busa from GA to CA and back without any problems. If I get another bike and trailer I will be buying another chock for it.

(fstbusa @ Sep. 11 2006,18:30) so now my debate is whether or not I want to spend 200 on a baxley or 400 on a bike lift.

I really would like the lift to get the bike up in the air when I work on it.  I don't have a trailer or anything YET to haul the busa but would like one in the future with a baxley.....

all_coholic.gif
Harbor freight down here has a nice lift for $300. I think it was diesel who posted up some info on the lift a few weeks ago, but it was pretty nice for the money. If you decide to go that way let me know, I could pick it up for you and bring it up to you when I come up for the Iowa Ill. ride on Oct. 1. I think we are still planning on that , anyway it would save y ou $60 in freight.

Back