Battery needed, what do you recommend?

1slowbusa

Registered
I am needing a new battery, just wondering what you guys recommend. It will be for a 2003 busa so it has to be the shorter battery. Thanks in advance

I dunno about the gen 1 but I have a ballistic evo2 12 cell battery....NEVER any worries! No need for a battery tender, only loses 10% charge a year! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I dunno about the gen 1 but I have a ballistic evo2 12 cell battery....NEVER any worries! No need for a battery tender, only loses 10% charge a year! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

+100 Best battery I ever bought! And, made in the USA - unlike the Shorai which is made in the Orient... in case that is important to you.

Plus ballstic 12 cell only weighs 2.44 lbs compared to about 11 lbs stock battery!!! One of the cheapest ways to lose 9 lbs on your bike if you're a weightloss junky like some of us on here!

These batteries are awesome! I plan to purchase one when the stock battery dies. You need to know a few things before you plunk down a lot of cash.

You can use a regular charger if needed as long as it does not have a desulfation mode.
You can buy a special maintenance charger that actually stores the battery at 60 to 80 percent charge (over the winter) which will make the battery last far longer. It also keeps the cells balanced.
In cold weather this battery may have issues. Shorai recommends turning on the headlight for a few minutes to warm up the battery internally before starting. In very cold weather this may not work.

One full discharge or one short across the terminals will probably ruin a very expensive battery.

I don't know about the vendors but I bought mine back in January and paid $170 for it so that should help you figure out what you should pay for it....I'm sure they'll be alone to help :thumbsup:

I personally like the shorai. Bought one for the wife's bike because its kept in storage and she never goes over to start it so it always needed a battery. Bought the shorai and go by to start it about every two or three months and its good to go.

What about Justin? He always has a lot of deals on parts and helmets. I would say get a hold of him or Pashnit

Definitely check Justin out, I didn't ask around before buying...I've never bought from him but I've only heard good things about him! :thumbsup:

I've had a Shorai in my bike for over a year now. 1.89 pounds if I remember right. Never had to turn the lights ON to warm up the battery. I started my bike up yesterday after a month in a 35 Degree F garage and it started right up. It Always starts right up! It's on a battery tender now But it Always Starts up anyway. I Love This Barrery! :thumbsup: Plus, It was $149.00 shipped to my Door.

Ballastic Evo2

Have to warm up the battery? :dunno: I will stick with my instant Yuasa which I get an Avg of 4 years of good dependable life from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back