Need a new battery for my 05

Lucky34

Registered
Hey guys... My battery died
sad.gif
. It had some kind of leak and spilled acid all over...

Where do you guys buy your batteries? I checked Advanced Autozone out, but they didn't have a battery for the Busa... So I called a dealership and they said it was 80 bucks.... Is that for real? It looks a little expensive...
Anyways, where do you guys recommend I get a new battery?

First, clean the spill with baking soda and water. Make SUre no battery acid gets on the drive chain, if so REPLACE IT.

If it's an 05, you should have a warranty claim.

I hate to say this, but maybe wal mart has one, or sears.

Busaman86, I just replaced the battery in my 01 Busa after it refused to start when hot. I noticed you have a Scorpio alarm and so do I. They really drain the battery overnight even when off so I
1. Use a battery tender to keep it fully charged
2. Replaced the stock battery with a Yuasa YTZ-14S after researching them here and on other Busa sites. It has like 230 cold cranking amps compared to 180-190 for the stock battery, is the same size, and is also a sealed battery like the stock one. The local Honda dealers (it is a stock battery for the ST1100 and a cruiser) wanted like $137 so I went to
www.motorcycyclebatteriesusa.com and got it for $87.50 with free ground shipping. Getting a high cc battery and keeping it charged helps prevent the "kickback" problem on starting, and a lot of the 1397 kit and turbo guys use this battery. You can probably find it near you but don't replace the stock with a non-sealed unit.

FWIW

Tony

how many miles and how old is your busa it sounds like it wasent serviced properly when it was put in new
Rich

I bought my busa in november 2004... so it's about in it's 9th month right now...
It's got about 3,500 miles, and yes, it's got the Scorpio Alarm.

Thanks for the info, Tony and Glyn.

It might be true that it wasn't serviced properly, but I live about 350 miles away from where I originally bought the bike, now... so I dunno if I can use the warranty from the dealership...

Your warranty should/will apply at any Suzuki dealer. If the local shop in your area gives you a problem...call Suzuki customer service. Take off your alarm if possible before taking it to the dealer, it maybe used against your warranty claim.

If you do get the warranty coverage due to improper dealer preparation, see if they will replace the drive chain as a "safety" concern due to "possible acid exposure"

It's worth a shot.

"I noticed you have a Scorpio alarm and so do I. They really drain the battery overnight even when off " Is this true?
rock.gif

I've also noticed with the Scorpio that if I don't ride for awhile, even with the alarm off, sometimes I can't start her.

The scorpio doesn't drain the battery overnight... but it does drain it.
I think the Battery problem is just a general Hayabusa thing because I know people whose batteries have died after not riding for a while even though they don't have an alarm on the bike...

Back