Battery DEAD @ 400 miles

Wayneovich

Registered
So today I left work bike started up no problems had dinner with a friend about 2.5 hours came out and battery did not have enough juice to start up called a friend he brought a jump box and the bike started up. waited about 30 minutes came back out and the same thing happenned. also the battery seems to have completely died because the clock reset. Is this a common occurance I had no signs of trouble coming from the battery. the bike has been on the road for 1 week. I assume this is covered under warranty? :beerchug:

So today I left work bike started up no problems had dinner with a friend about 2.5 hours came out and battery did not have enough juice to start up called a friend he brought a jump box and the bike started up. waited about 30 minutes came back out and the same thing happenned. also the battery seems to have completely died because the clock reset. Is this a common occurance I had no signs of trouble coming from the battery. the bike has been on the road for 1 week. I assume this is covered under warranty? :beerchug:

Go back to the dealer and demand a new and better Battery!
I have never had battery problems even with older bikes, unless they have dried or I have abused them. This should certainly never happen on a brand new bike unless they forgot to fill it when they sold it to you. They don't put fluids in a showroom bike until they sell it and it may have been overlooked.
Just my 2cts.
Bubba

not right or normal .
Yes under warranty .
See now you may need it and even though mods have nada to do with it it will be easier to get done without a bunch of afm parts on it .

+1

The only other thing I could think of was....

....you didn't turn the key too far left after lock and leave the parking lights on did you....?

Check the recommendation from Got-Busa, and also, when a new battery has the fluids put in, it needs to have a charge put on it before being placed in service. I found that out the hard way. Make sure the new battery is installed per spec.

That sucks....and no, it is not normal,...but if they won't give you a new one, and they should.....look into one of the new Lithium Ion Ferrous batteries. They are almost 10lbs lighter than the stock battery and last a lot longer.

Sounds like an electrical problem first, then a bad battery as a result. I had a bad recitifer which caused my battery to drain, which killed it quickly. Had to replace the recitifer under warranty and the battery was my expense.

Don't read too much into it. My 08 had 1400 miles on it when I got it and the battery was shot. It had a Honda battery in it, I can only imagine because it was one of those all model dealers. I replaced it with the factory Yuasa and can leave it for weeks and it fires right up.

+1

....you didn't turn the key too far left after lock and leave the parking lights on did you....?

I HAVE DONE THAT
Only noticed it cuz my Adam alarm went off and said Dad your light is on ...:laugh:
He watches Blanca like a hawk !

+1

geez, what kind of IDIOT would do that?!

myfirstbusa<----------------------------:laugh: at Mid-Ohio SuperBike Weekend in front of hot chicks to boot!!

Okay I took it to the dealer today they said that they thought it may be the rectifier so I left it. I get a call a few hours later and they say everything seems to be normal but they are putting a new battery in and charging it over night. I think maybe they rushed and did not fully charge the first battery when they assembled the bike.

The factory Yuasa in my 01 Busa lasted for 8 years! YES,........8 years. I replaced it with an EXTREME AGM from Battery Plus last April,......and it went bad after sitting for the past 6 months. I had them order a YUASA and I'll exchange it under warranty plus $6. I've learned my lesson. I'll stay with the Yuasa. :firing: To heck with the rest!!

Out of 7 bikes Ive only had to buy one battery and that was for my 04. it was just 2 years old when it crapped. Ive had my 08 for a year and a half and it cranked slow all winter. Doing fine now that its warmer.

Ive owned my 08 since Jan of 2008,never been on a charger and I can walk outside and it will fire right up...never had a problem........yet

It does sound like the battery was forgotten about when they filled the bike with fluids. At least they are replacing the battery without any hassle.

If your having a problem with a new bike its because the dealer did not charge the battery correctly!

Bring the bike back to them!

Betchya 2c's its the rectifier, just been thru the same thing myself and heaps of other ppl I know with the Gen II.

I'm waiting to see the recall come out for all Gen II rectifiers !

Betchya 2c's its the rectifier, just been thru the same thing myself and heaps of other ppl I know with the Gen II.

I'm waiting to see the recall come out for all Gen II rectifiers !

We will see if it does it again that will be next.

Back