Bar risers

mynewbusa

Registered
hey all! I have seen the mention of handlebar risers on a few of your posts here, I am interested in purchasing a set for my new bike. I've seen the  "Heli-Bar" name a few times, are there other vendors out there and who on here is using them and how are they working out for you. I'm a little short at 5'8'' and the stretch forward isn't too bad, but a little repositioning of the bars would be great. thanks for any info!

Oh, and one final question. Whats the deal with the speedo's on these bikes? I've read here about the inaccuracy of the speedo. How inaccurate is it?

<!--EDIT|mynewbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147897668 -->

I have 1 1/4" Reaper Risers. Love 'em.

Have lowering 'bones on order - will lower when I get them in...

There are lots of options here. Helibars, Reapers, Genmar, LSL etc. One of the coolest ones is made by one of our own Board Sponsors OnCycle (Cycle Cat). Check them out.

There are lots of options here. Helibars, Reapers, Genmar, LSL etc. One of the coolest ones is made by one of our own Board Sponsors OnCycle (Cycle Cat). Check them out.

You may find that after riding the bike for awhile you will get comfortable with the stock bar location. I was going to mod mine but the bike is comfy for me now without the risers. The peg swap to TL pegs helped a bunch though.

The bar riser preference has a lot to do with the persons arm length and how tall they are. Also somewhat to how they are built. If your short like me 5'7" and 190 lbs. The Busa is a long bike so I like my bars a little higher than stock. The Heli's I have are great but I may add a Genmar with it soon and try it out. My girlfriend has Heli's and a 1.25 inch Genmar on her Busa with a sport touring windshield to clear. I've only rode hers for a short distance but it sure felt nice having the bars that high.

The bar riser preference has a lot to do with the persons arm length and how tall they are. Also somewhat to how they are built. If your short like me 5'7" and 190 lbs. The Busa is a long bike so I like my bars a little higher than stock. The Heli's I have are great but I may add a Genmar with it soon and try it out. My girlfriend has Heli's and a 1.25 inch Genmar on her Busa with a sport touring windshield to clear. I've only rode hers for a short distance but it sure felt nice having the bars that high.
THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES. I'M ALREADY MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THIS BIKE THAN MY ZZR-1200. ADMITTEDLY SO FAR I'VE ONLY PUT 174 MILES ON THE `BUSA SO FAR. THE UNENDING RAIN IN THE NORTHEAST HAS CERTAINLY PUT A "DAMPER" ON RIDING. I THINK THE RISERS WOULD MAKE IT JUST A BIT MORE COMFY FOR ME. SOME ONE TELL ME ABOUT THE TL FOOTPEGS!!?? ARE THEY MADE TO DROP THE PEGS A BIT OR FOR SOMETHING ELSE. GEEZ, WHEN I BOUGHT THIS BIKE I HAD NO IDEA I'D FEEL LIKE SUCH A ROOKIE, BUT AFTER READING THIS FORUM (WHICH IS GREAT) I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN EVEN AFTER 24+ YEARS OF BIKE OWNERSHIP. I GUESS I AM A ROOKIE!!

dude, we all are to sum extent-unless u own a busa, u wont be used to having a bike with so much aftermarket support...there's more parts for the busa than most cruisers-(cept the Hardley-Fergusons). As for your speedo question, shud only be off 3-7mph at high speeds-i.e:70/67mph, 100/95mph...sumwhere in that range. It gets worse if you swap sprockets front or rear...then speedohealer is a necessity.

enjoy that bad boy!

Back