Bang for the BUCK$$$ NOS OR TURBO ?????

91shplx

Registered
I'm thinking about putting N.O.S or a turbo on the K8 . Input anyone What kit or what Turbo

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how much you are using it.
If you use nitrous, then initial install and parts are cheaper, but once the bottle runs out, then the fun is gone. Plus the cost of filling the bottle each time which adds up.
Turbo costs more in the beginning, but if you have it tuned right and no problems, then there is nothing else to worry about unless something goes wrong.
Either way could burn up the engine.

Nitrous delivers more bang for the buck period. That being said either way has positives and negatives. Do some research and see which fits you better.

I ran nitrous for a year. A dry kit is cheap and bottle refills aren't too bad on the pocket book either. But, you do get tired of going to get bottles filled. You would be into a nitrous kit for around $400 if you do it right, maybe more depending on the kit.

A turbo kit will cost substantially more. Lets just say about ten times more. But you will never fill a bottle again.

If your not going into the motor and you are only interested in a bolt on kit, then the K8 is limited to about 40-50 HP of power adder (~235 HP).

Ghetto Turbo kits start at about $3500, and for that low a boost you wouldn't need progressive wastegate controllers, etc.

Dry N20 kits start realistically at around $450, but you will probably end up spending another ~$500 on a progressive controller and a way to add the extra fuel (PC Hub, etc.)

Anything more than 40-50 HP requires going into the motor and doing work to the head, rods and pistons. Many will debate that you can go higher, but don't.

I run a small dry N20 shot every weekend at the racetrack and get about 10 passes on a 2 lb bottle (at $5 a pound), so the cost of N2O isn't too bad.

It depends when and how you will use the extra power.

Turbo, without doubt, for me. The turbo power is available 24h per day and will also work fine in twisties. Nitrous oxide is basically a drag strip thing.

Thanks Guys i have a 3RD just go all motor 1441 kit i have been looking into that as well . But i do like to ride so i just may not do any thing to it and just buy some nice wheels I don't know what i want :banghead:
2a9ofph.jpg
[/CENTER][/IMG]

Back