bama/dolphins. slick nick

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
it is looking really comical with bama's hiring of saban.
how much more ridiculously stupid can college football get. why cant the booster at alabama not see that bama football will never be the powerhouse it once was again. college football is too competitive.
40 millon dollars to coach football, i dont know how many of you have been to alabama, but we have by far the worst roads i have ever driven on. 40 mill could have fixed a lot of roads. man they take football way to serious down here.
i am not knocking alabama for trying to get a good coach, just the money spent on someone that will leave them in oh lets say 3 years for greener pastures.

i was born in alabama, but raised and live n.o. you obviously have not seen the roads here
biggrin.gif
 and yes, 40 mil for coaching football
eek2.gif
i need to change professions
laugh.gif

Tool

LOL i was about to post the same thing , if he thinks roads in Alabama are bad he hasnt been to Louisianna anytime soon (worst roads on earth).

Pusher
Im from bama 2 , even attended Alabama. But i will agree with you about the coaching issue. The Bear is dead and he isnt comming back , there isnt another Bear out there and most coaches know it. Most dont want the job because they are comming into a cluster fugg , and if they arent winning within a couple of years they are gone. Coaches want job security just like everyone else. Football is alot more serious in the south then the rest of the states , you must be an implant?

implanted into bama, born and raised in tennessee
i am a tennessee fan i just dont take football as serious as some around home do.
i have been down around n.o. its been awhile.
i live in the north east corner of bama right on the tennessee line. around here its all ut vrs bama. auburn does not carry alot of weight up here.

Being an ALABAMA GRAD I am Peeeeeeeeeeeed  
mad.gif
. $ 4,250,000 per year or about $12,000 per day for 8 years  
SHOCKED.gif
(and that's his BASE  
wow.gif
salary) STINKS. I can not support a College Team that has THAT much money yet, always is calling on it's Alum to fork up more money to the College. I am to say the least, TICKKKKKKKKKKKKKED OFFFFFFFFF  
rant.gif

Suitcase saban will stay for 2 to 4 years then pack up and go to the next team. They really didn't give Shula a chance. Oh well

You know, you are worth what someone is willing to pay you, like it or not, that is the deal.

I liked what Lou Holtz said yesterday in relation to all this. He basically said that an AD told him once "I dont care how much I pay you, if you are winning, it is not enough and if you are losing it is too much".

Botton line here folks. Bama went after a high profile, experienced coach with a National Championship that was earned from a coaching position within this conference. They did this to replace the lousy, run of the mill hires that have been the case for the last 8 years - there are 3 coaches in the SEC today with National Championship rings and one of them is now at Bama. Smart move? Who knows. Stupid move? Hardly...

Yall can hush about Bear and tradition and no one wanting the job, you all sound as bad as we do, just singing a different tune.
Hes here whether you think it is smart or not (maybe next time they'll check with all of you first) and the entire Bama Nation finally has a RARE friggin bright spot to smile about - believe me we dont expect some disenchanted, displaced Vol to care or understand - we are happy, we are jazzed and by definition that should irk you, congrats. So far the hire is working to perfection!

Far as money...
OU had a football budget of roughly $26 million before hiring Stoops. They paid BIG bux for him and today the budget at OU is over $60 million. Bama could pay Saban and Shula with gate reciepts alone, two seats cost me nearly $2K per year (let alone the pay outs from BCS bowl appearances) so stop your belly aching about the money. Go get you a job coaching and stop practicing road surface tectonics.

Oh yeah, our roads?
They work just fine bro!
Take some of them bumpy suckers back north
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Roll Tide!

i personally think mike shula was a fine coach and if i had anything to do with it he would be coaching tennessee instead of fat field goal fulmer.
i am trying to put things in perspective here. whatever ungodly amount the coachs make is just too much. someone tell me this when did wasting 32 million or whatever it was on a coach become more valuable than putting the money on curing cancer. feeding the poor. helping people with aids, putting the money on abused children, on abused women. if someone can answer please do. lets get prioritys in life right before glorifing a person to coach a football team. he is coming in to coach that is all . not to cure cancer not to help the needed. now this is not just bama, its everwhere in coll football. the only people that cant seem to get this point are the die hard bama fans right now. if this was tennessee i would be just as sick of the waste of money.
now do not take me wrong i am all for alabama getting a top notch coach. it makes its that much better when tennessee beats them. "joke there"
really i am for a quality coach, in a way i am picking on bama and the only reason is they are the ones in the news right now. truthfully after bama beats ut the next two or three years maybe ut will fire the donut eating no coaching fat fulmer. then they will be in the news about absurds amounts of money and i will rant then too.
do not get mad the truth will set you free.

Being an LSU fan and knowing what Saban can do with a languishing program, I do NOT look forward to playing Bama in another year or two.
I don't mean to take anything away from Les Miles but I'd take Saban back in a heartbeat, he's just that good of a college coach.

Oh, BTW, the roads are bad EVERYWHERE!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><table style=filter:glow(color=#FFFF00)><span style='color:purple'>GEAUX TIGERS</span></table></span>

purpleandgold.jpg

(thepushercg @ Jan. 04 2007,17:45) i personally think mike shula was a fine coach and if i had anything to do with it he would be coaching tennessee instead of fat field goal fulmer.
i am trying to put things in perspective here. whatever ungodly amount the coachs make is just too much. someone tell me this when did wasting 32 million or whatever it was on a coach become more valuable than putting the money on curing cancer. feeding the poor. helping people with aids, putting the money on abused children, on abused women.  if someone can answer please do. lets get prioritys in life right before glorifing a person to coach a football team. he is coming in to coach that is all . not to cure cancer not to help the needed.  now this is not just bama, its everwhere in coll football. the only people that cant seem to get this point are the die hard bama fans right now.  if this was tennessee i would be just as sick of the waste of money.
now do not take me wrong i am all for alabama getting a top notch coach. it makes its that much better when tennessee beats them. "joke there"
really i am for a quality coach, in a way i am picking on bama and the only reason is they are the ones in the news right now. truthfully after bama beats ut the next two or three years maybe ut will fire the donut eating no coaching fat fulmer. then they will be in the news about absurds amounts of money and i will rant then too.
do not get mad the truth will set you free.
Give me a break, you mean you don't know why a person is paid $$$$ Millions in college to teach an 18 year old how to catch a leather ball while running down a grass field ? Ya can't be serious, you go to College to Learn How To Play Football or support it, NOT to teach anyone how to do anything  
laugh.gif
. Now lets see if I understand
wink.gif
, Football Coach $4 Million, Top Professors $150,000 including Med School. Yea, that sounds fair and in the correct Priority of Cost allocations for Universities
laugh.gif

Of course it seems a little unbalanced to me  
rant.gif

laugh.gif

I never complained about the money ... TILL NOW!!!! the only reason i have a problem with that kind of salary payed is now a new door and pay scale has opened up for College coaches. Just like Actors and actresses the pay has gotten out of hand , when will it stop? Actors wernt making 30mil a picture 20 years ago , granted the world wasnt as expensive either but if you break it down what top actors/actresses made back then , it doesnt equivlant the money made today. Now mark college coaches up there 2.

Alabama HAD TO COME OFF THE POCKET!!!! Bama gained a great reputation in football years ago under a great coach , and we havent had that drive or intimidation in quite some time. They want it back (they being Mal Moore and Bryant Jr.) and they had to pay great monies to achieve it. A great coach just wont bring a team and beat you ... A "GREAT" coach will beat you with your own team. Bryant had it and i Believe Saban has it 2.

He left citing...."My wife didn't like the climate" Well Nick, maybe you should grow a pair and tell her to stay inside (what a lame excuse).
Here's your sign, wear it with pride...

saban.jpeg

Back