Balsa wood parts for weight reduction .

c10

Registered
Thanks CBX ;) 70 GRAMS each mirror spacer v's 7 grams. I'll seal and paint a set tomorrow. Threw a piece in the press to see pounds to crush and its more effort than one would think. The mount bolts to proper torque is far less. I won't run them full time, but a good gimmick :)
Now this is not the first time I made a part for a bike out of wood.

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The subframe isn't for street bodywork , the airbox has no filter provision as yet ( still waiting ) , the kickstand is trick tho , the bodywork is extented alien tail race , but this joint has wild race stuff , found them way back in '12 , but their list of inventory has grown now with that street stuff , good move .

1busa I have been there , but very little crosses into my applications . Mr. Brown this is really more of a Joke than actual use even though it could be used . Removing them saves even more , but looking at my elbows in the mirror ill take the weight .
ali wheels have not been forgotten . just not time yet .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The subframe isn't for street bodywork , the airbox has no filter provision as yet ( still waiting ) , the kickstand is trick tho , the bodywork is extented alien tail race , but this joint has wild race stuff , found them way back in '12 , but their list of inventory has grown now with that street stuff , good move .

Came real close to buying a used CF kickstand on eBay. Bid stayed low till the last minute then jumped up a couple hundred in a couple seconds :confused:

Came real close to buying a used CF kickstand on eBay. Bid stayed low till the last minute then jumped up a couple hundred in a couple seconds :confused:

That was a wild ebay auction listing 1Busa , I bet it wasn't international , overwise I might have spied it !! That is called sniping , waiting for last 10 seconds or less to fire . I have over 500 feedbacks on that evilbay... and I have never sold a thing ... but bought plenty !!

That was a wild ebay auction listing 1Busa , I bet it wasn't international , overwise I might have spied it !! That is called sniping , waiting for last 10 seconds or less to fire . I have over 500 feedbacks on that evilbay... and I have never sold a thing ... but bought plenty !!

Yeah I’m a pretty good sniper myself on eBay but somebody used a Bazooka!!! :laugh:

1busa I have been there , but very little crosses into my applications . Mr. Brown this is really more of a Joke than actual use even though it could be used . Removing them saves even more , but looking at my elbows in the mirror ill take the weight .
ali wheels have not been forgotten . just not time yet .
just please.... no CZ.... lol... u don't wanna have to deal with me commenting on ure wheel thread.... jk

I have spoke to them a few weeks ago with my list of questions from bearings , to axle torque . They were accommodating , answered every question , and the call never felt rushed to push me off the phone .
ABS question was my key . What I expected is ABS wheels just have a few mounting bosses to attach the ABS speed sensor rings . Ill order ABS model wheels as they would have a larger market to be sold used if I ever chose to .

I have spoke to them a few weeks ago with my list of questions from bearings , to axle torque . They were accommodating , answered every question , and the call never felt rushed to push me off the phone .
ABS question was my key . What I expected is ABS wheels just have a few mounting bosses to attach the ABS speed sensor rings . Ill order ABS model wheels as they would have a larger market to be sold used if I ever chose to .
Hi. We have have used a wooden spacer under the carbs and between the top and bottom of the tunnel ran on our record setting and national event winning Fox body Ford. This will start a war to make a Ford fast use Chevy parts we did pistons and rods also a Powerglide trans big block chevy crank trigger.

"Hi. We have have used a wooden spacer under the carbs and between the top and bottom of the tunnel ran on our record setting and national event winning Fox body Ford. This will start a war to make a Ford fast use Chevy parts we did pistons and rods also a Powerglide trans big block chevy crank trigger.

That's always a good trick. And works well to reduce heat transfer. I'm pretty sure that was your goal. And you weren't thinking weight reduction.

Hi. We have have used a wooden spacer under the carbs and between the top and bottom of the tunnel ran on our record setting and national event winning Fox body Ford. This will start a war to make a Ford fast use Chevy parts we did pistons and rods also a Powerglide trans big block chevy crank trigger.
You can go just as fast with Ford parts, it just costs more. As most of us are budget restricted, some more than others, Chevy stuff makes sense!

No idea what kind of ET's anyone is talking here. My Gixxer is high 8's in the 1/4 and mid 5's in the 1/8. Does not cost that much to do that with a bike. Doing it with a car Ford, Chevy, Mopar, or any combination can be Very expensive. My wife has bugged me a couple times about switching to a car. All I have to do is hand her a Summit catalog with a few things circled...

woodenmotorcycle.jpg

No idea what kind of ET's anyone is talking here. My Gixxer is high 8's in the 1/4 and mid 5's in the 1/8. Does not cost that much to do that with a bike. Doing it with a car Ford, Chevy, Mopar, or any combination can be Very expensive. My wife has bugged me a couple times about switching to a car. All I have to do is hand her a Summit catalog with a few things circled...

View attachment 1589160
It is much cheaper with a bike! Car wise, for any given E.T. it will be cheaper to get there with chevy stuff, just the nature of racing. Chevy parts are more plentiful because they interchange better from the factory, more stuff = cheaper. A small block is a small block (mostly), parts will swap at least until you get to LS stuff, same with big block stuff.

Back