Today's weight reduction party!

c10

Registered
Nasty weather today so started trimming up to reach my 6 lb goal of weight reduction before the new year. The heavy bar ends did not aid in very mild vibration @ 4600 rpms cruise speed. So off they went. Found that the clutch cover sound damper plate is covered by fairing. Off it came saving 7.6 ounces Neary a half pound.
Also deleted side stand switch years ago but today completely removed its harness plugs
Saving 0.4 ounce or 11 grams. May not seem like much but over time a half ounce removed many times equal to pounds down the road.
DSC_5890.JPG

DSC_5891.JPG

Love dudes this fanatic about their bikes! I hope you are keep a spread sheet to total your weight losses, can you share your totals

Hate to break your spirit, but I figured how to shed 200 lbs of useless weight on my Busa:
200 lbs arch? ROFL.... this is me at the doctors office.

Willie Last time Ram Jam was on a scale the weight was 530 lb with 4 gallons of fuel . so lets call it 540 with full tank . Now the racks were on him ( both sides / rear rack ) , but no side or top cases . Gave up keeping individual track of little items , but typically remember big ticket items . Exhaust , Top triple clamp .Those two were 40 lb saved :) The over all goal was achieved once the Bike was still lighter than a Stock bike with all racks/cases/packed for travel . New Goal is to be 550 ish Packed vs 580 packed . With a Bike alone with no touring accessories of 515 wet ;) . Wheels will save me another 7 to 10 lb . My tool kit is also included in this weight so trying to find lighter versions of current tools to save another 1 to 2 lb there .
The GSXR1000 front fender is exactly 1 lb lighter than the stock hayabusa fender with a carbon fiber fenda extenda installed

Nasty weather today so started trimming up to reach my 6 lb goal of weight reduction before the new year. The heavy bar ends did not aid in very mild vibration @ 4600 rpms cruise speed. So off they went. Found that the clutch cover sound damper plate is covered by fairing. Off it came saving 7.6 ounces Neary a half pound.
Also deleted side stand switch years ago but today completely removed its harness plugs
Saving 0.4 ounce or 11 grams. May not seem like much but over time a half ounce removed many times equal to pounds down the road. View attachment 1587509

View attachment 1587510
C10,

Got a question, I Just changed over to CF Bar ends which weigh practically nothing. The OE Bar ends were so heavy they could double as a weapon if you put them in a sock and swung them around. I see you opted to remove yours, have you ridden the bike much with out them?

I am contemplating removing my steering damper completely (Since the bike got wrecked I feel un-easy leaving the original on there even if there is nothing wrong with it I am not chancing it) but I am just concerned that the loss of the damper with the lighter bar ends will have me feeling like I have epilepsy while riding down the road.

I will eventually find out but since my front rim is bent riding the bike is not in my foreseeable future until i finish powder-coating the rims.

C10,

Got a question, I Just changed over to CF Bar ends which weigh practically nothing. The OE Bar ends were so heavy they could double as a weapon if you put them in a sock and swung them around. I see you opted to remove yours, have you ridden the bike much with out them?

I am contemplating removing my steering damper completely (Since the bike got wrecked I feel un-easy leaving the original on there even if there is nothing wrong with it I am not chancing it) but I am just concerned that the loss of the damper with the lighter bar ends will have me feeling like I have epilepsy while riding down the road.

I will eventually find out but since my front rim is bent riding the bike is not in my foreseeable future until i finish powder-coating the rims.
In my experience riding without counterweights makes your hands and arms "buzz" after you ride. Best way I can describe it is they felt like a tuning fork.....not painful, but weirdly uncomfortable.

In my experience riding without counterweights makes your hands and arms "buzz" after you ride. Best way I can describe it is they felt like a tuning fork.....not painful, but weirdly uncomfortable.
I got yoshi bar ends on my gen 2 they are super light. I get a little buzz in the bars it doesnt bother me at all. Also Just got a vortex billet gascap and levers shorty on brake standard length on clutch stock cap weighs a ton and looks way better but expensive

Back