BAD NEWS!!!:My Busa fell off its kickstand!!!

^ yep. If it moves forward on an unmodified kickstand at all, down she goes. Had it happen with my Gen 1. This bike I'm more careful, try to only park uphill, and notched the kickstand.

Sorry to hear that.
It almost happened to me last year when I bought my 08 Busa.
Not paying attention, I thought the kickstand was down, but wasnt all the way forward.
As I got off the bike, it started to roll forward and lean the the left. I grabbed the handle bars, squeezed the front brake and tried with all my might to prevent it from hitting the ground.
It was about 2 feet or so from the ground, but I was determined not to let it drop.
I was finally able to get it back up without it completely falling. Thus, not one scratch.
I will say this, you will NEVER know how heavy your bike is until you're trying to pick it up

Sorry to hear that.
It almost happened to me last year when I bought my 08 Busa.
Not paying attention, I thought the kickstand was down, but wasnt all the way forward.
As I got off the bike, it started to roll forward and lean the the left. I grabbed the handle bars, squeezed the front brake and tried with all my might to prevent it from hitting the ground.
It was about 2 feet or so from the ground, but I was determined not to let it drop.
I was finally able to get it back up without it completely falling. Thus, not one scratch.
I will say this, you will NEVER know how heavy your bike is until you're trying to pick it up
For sure,picked up my 99 busa a few years back(2nd bike after two months of riding ahemmmmmm:)) and havent been in the gym lately so wasnt sure if i could manage...just about did it;)

It happened to me to thank god only scratched the stator cover which I replaced with a new one I am more careful now with this bike as my other bike never has this problem also going to do the mod for the kickstand soon :thumbsup:

Ya ill replace the fairing with OEM.To fix em up and paint em together with an OEM decal wouldnt be far off the OEM fairings and the paint may not match 100%.As its a new bike its a no brainer...gotta be careful with our lovely Busas:)

I know where you're coming from man but when its YOUR OWN....its not so easy:)
I dropped my '06 the second day I had it at a stop sign. The damage wasn't as bad as yours but I rode that bike without doing a thing to it. Your damage is much worse than what I had. My thinking back then was this might happen again.

on 1997 I bought my first used 4-cylinder Honda CB.. the first week was totaled (oils on the road/ too dark to see)

I dropped my '06 the second day I had it at a stop sign. The damage wasn't as bad as yours but I rode that bike without doing a thing to it. Your damage is much worse than what I had. My thinking back then was this might happen again.
Hey mate!!!The lever is replaced with a nice ASV long one and guess what!!??I RODE IT:) haha...ill replace the fairings though.For such a new bike its worth it for me....and my sanity lol:)

on 1997 I bought my first used 4-cylinder Honda CB.. the first week was totaled (oils on the road/ too dark to see)
That can happen man...this never happened to me though with all the bikes ive had over the years...even a gen 1....sh1t happens i guess:(

That can happen man...this never happened to me though with all the bikes ive had over the years...even a gen 1....sh1t happens i guess:(

Maybe I missed it but I have not seen you post that your going to do the kick stand mod.
I don't know if the Gen II are different.

Maybe because you stated that this will never happen again you don't think it is necessary.
It won't make it impossible to fall over but it should increase to odds of it not happening again.
I would do mine over in a heartbeat if I ever needed a new kick stand.

Then again with all the advice you got on rolling it forward in first gear.......
Of course that only works if the bike is off.

Was your bike running when it tipped over?

sry to hear. buy a Condor stand. cheap insurance and 100% full proof from tipping over. couple hundred bucks is a hella a lot cheaper then fixing the damage uve caused...... of course thats for home use only

my bike is lowered so the stock stand didn't work and went with a billet one. but I had to cut that one down even shorter cause I felt the standard height was too high.

So my $.02 worth, my girlfriend called me when I was working (bear in mind I can not carry a phone so i get the message a while later) "Hey, Um I was moving your bike in the garage, and the kickstand folded up and it fell over. But I picked it up and its okay." What was a great second half of the shift.

-D

So my $.02 worth, my girlfriend called me when I was working (bear in mind I can not carry a phone so i get the message a while later) "Hey, Um I was moving your bike in the garage, and the kickstand folded up and it fell over. But I picked it up and its okay." What was a great second half of the shift.

-D

If your serious, then you must have a pretty strong girlfriend. :rofl:

You know a lockable kickstand might be the answer to someone moving or stealing your bike.
Moving it around in a garage it shouldn't fall over unless they pushed it over on it's right side and
a thief might have a harder time riding it away with the stand down. :laugh:

Maybe I missed it but I have not seen you post that your going to do the kick stand mod.
I don't know if the Gen II are different.

Maybe because you stated that this will never happen again you don't think it is necessary.
It won't make it impossible to fall over but it should increase to odds of it not happening again.
I would do mine over in a heartbeat if I ever needed a new kick stand.

Then again with all the advice you got on rolling it forward in first gear.......
Of course that only works if the bike is off.

Was your bike running when it tipped over?
Yes it was.But it shut itself off...must be some sensor or something

-D
Was it ok?She must be a strong girl for sure God bless her:)

She's pretty butch! But what really happened is she was sitting on it (thankfully) and moving it foreword, and then she was setting it down and realized the stand wasn't under it and pulled it back up. fortunately it didn't hit the ground.

Here's a pic of how close my bikes are shoehorned in there, and my Ninja that she did lay over with her best "its not my fault" face

-D

IMG_2163.JPG.jpg

IMG_3091.JPG.jpg

Theres no way this girl is lifting a Bus off the floor...unless shes one of these super strong cross fit girls...some of them can lift for sure:)

Back