Bad day!!!!!

ZX9R, a paintless dent guy can fix your tank for around $100.00..............

YES! I had a similar experience with the bike in the garage and the foot peg on my '61 Pan put a nice dent in the tank. Fortunately it is under the tank bra so you can't see it. I have pulled more then one dent out of a vintage tank using different methods but I would definetly see about a dentless repair or take it to a good body shop and see what they can do. I would like to see a picture of your dent though. Good Luck, it is always a heartbreaker when you bike gets its cherry popped.

Here is the best i could do. It looks like a scratch on top but it is the reflection from the light. I did get a small on the dent that the camera brings out.

tank.jpg

I had a small dent in my cruiser tank some years ago. I had it off the bike, had it up ended to keep from spilling gas and it flopped over. Anyway I bought a "Dent King" like on tv and worked on it. It took about two hours but its gone where you cant tell where it was. It took about ten pulls on the dent, on which you hot glue a shaped type puck, and then pull with a screw like device.

Heres the kit I used, I bought it at Autozone. Also if it says let the glue dry/cool for "X" time, make sure you do it. Also you can get some more out with dry ice. Check the youtube videos. Using a combination of the two you may be able to get it out.

Amazon.com: Ding King: Home Improvement

Last edited:
Back