Picked up Hayabusa : problem : advice required

Firefox35

Registered
Hi I picked up my new bike late yesterday, a new 08 Hayabusa with bos exhausts fitted, weather was terrible so I was in a bit of a rush to get home, gave the bike a quick once over and everything seemed ok, when I got the bike out this morning to clean it I noticed 2 small dents on the Bos exhausts the shop had fitted.

Here is a photo of the first dent, it doesnt look too bad in the photos but now I have seen it I notice it everyrtime.
Exhaust 1 dent 1
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Exhaust 1 dent 1 from a different angle

Here is a photo of the dent on the tip of the other exhaust.

Exhaust 2 dent 1

I have another problem, obviously I couldnt take the original exhausts with e yesterday when I collected the bike, so went back for them early this morning with my brother. (Before I noticed the dents in the Bos exhausts)

I took one exhaust and my brother grabbed the other (the original exhausts are very heavy) I noticed a slight indentatiion in the exhaust I was carrying but thought nothing of it to be honest, I just assumed it was meant to be there, it was only when I removed the exhausts from my brothers car this afternoon that I noticed the damage. heres a of photo of the damage. (I was carrying the bottom one)

It looks like someone used a pair of mole grips and yanked the exhaust off, here is a close up of the dent

I had intended to sell the original OEM exhausts to get some money back but that will now obviously be a little difficult.

I phoned the shop to let them know about the dmamge to the Bos exhausts this morning but they were closed by the time I noticed the damage to the OEM ones.

Just looking for some advice on how to approach this. To make matters worse I part exchanged a 07 R1 for this bike, the R1 has a full Akrapovic exhaust system fitted which the shop has agreed to remove and return them to me so I can sell them on.

Sorry to hear about the dents in the new exhaust...FWIW you can pick up stock
exhaust on this site for the cost of shipping...even for free if your close
by to whoever has it on the board.

Mine came in with a dent in the stock pipes also. The dealer replaced it with no trouble. Some people just get in a hurry and dont think or care. If its not theirs it dosent matter if its bent or broke. Sorry for your trouble. I hope it works out, Doug

Regarding the OEM dings, they are on all the stock pipes. We call them clearance impressions.

Regarding your aftermarket pipe... You buy from a dealer and pay the big bucks to be taken care of. Go get it taken care of... I received a dented (new in the box) Yosi R77 and there were no questions asked.

I paid full retail for my bike and got something like a 15% rebate on accessories. I could have negotiated all day but when it comes down to it... they are going to take care of me now.

Back