oh my god my busa finally fell over

xyu

Registered
Hey it happened to me...I was on pavement and put the kickstand down and went to get off and the kickstand wasn't down all the way and it started to fall to the left. I jumped off it and tried to hold it up and burned my leg BAD. I didn't have any fancy leather pants on just my leather riding boots and black jeans but my pantleg somehow got caught on the footpeg pulling my pantleg up and burning the muscle part of my right leg. After that I let if fall slowly to the ground.

BUT

For those of you who preached to me about getting frame sliders on my bike as soon as I joined this forum THANK YOU!!! I put them on the second week I got my bike and when it fell over it just laid on the frame slider and made 3 very small scratches on the bottom of my stator cover and made one small scratch on my pipe. It never scratched my mirror, handlebar, anything. I couldn't believe it. Those 50 dollar frame sliders just saved me 1 grand in fairing.

Here are some pics - oh and I put some flush mount turn signals on the rear too.

Let's see that nasty burn on your leg...xcellent idea about the frame sliders, dude. It could have been sooooooo much worse. Glad it turned out mostly alright!

I forgot to put my kickstand down once....... .. once ..

laugh.gif

I forgot to put my kickstand down once.......   .. once ..

laugh.gif
Okay...since it appears we're sharing, and cache opened up...
laugh.gif

Today I went out for a nice long ride. Heading back into town I was coming into our neighborhood area, sidled up to a stop sign, rolled to a stop, balanced a bit and was gonna go. But then a car turned to my right not far from my intersection, so I decide I'm gonna put my foot down to fully stop...but by the time I decided, "Hey, I better put my foot down," I was already going over. I balanced for a second and then started to tip...like a dumbazz...my mind was on work I guess, 'cause it sure wasn't with me. You ever just space like that, and then before you know it...bamn!? This all happened in a nano second mind you. So I REALLY go to put my foot down...and the heel of my boot hangs up momentarily on my peg.

I didn't lose her...but I was damn close. I sure felt like a dummy! I can't imagine if I would have literally tipped over at the stop sign. Just...tipped over! Never put my foot down! God. That woulda sucked! I caught her on the inside of my thigh and kind of, "Uuuummmphed" her back upright. Holy Moses. I wasn't gonna tell anybody about that.
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121262273 -->

laugh.gif

I'm sure none of you want to see the burn...that's why I didn't post any pics. It's pretty gross and the internet is full of gross pictures no need for me add more. I will post a pic when it's healed a little better but right now I have gauze pads on it so I am going to leave it alone.

I'm going to get longer frame sliders (like 1-2 inches longer) because it shouldn't have scuffed the stator cover plus I'm going to get some sliders for the end of the swingarm where the chain adjustment is so if it ever happens again the bike won't be laying on the pipe. I am almost thinking I put them on backwards because the right side sticks out more than the left side.

They're lockhart-phillips sliders...I dunno.

wrong. i wanted to see pics of the burn. but not so much that I would ask for you to email them to me.
tounge.gif

Glad the sliders worked for you....

...frankly, the sliders are the best investment against trip overs!! ...Sorry about your leg though... hope it heals up fast!

I'm gonna have to do the frame sliders after reading this... I have been meaning to do it but I am a wuss when it comes to cutting through my plastics. Sorry about the burn but happy about the bike:D

The longer sliders won't save your stator cover. It's still going to lay on your stator cover and the frame slider.

There is a down side to the longer sliders. If you crash your bike the longer sliders tend to bend over which is no big deal but it will break your fairing if it does and on occasions it with break the ear off the frame when it bolt up. Most racers (Who crash quite often) don't use the long sliders due to the damage they can cause during a crash. However, the longer ones are best by far for tip overs and slow speed crashes.

It looks like you backed into something.....your license plate is bent...better get it fixed before "the MAN" pulls you over.
wow.gif

Back