Bad gas... wow...

A little advice from someone that use to deliver gasoline for a living. If you can , never get gas from somewhere that sells diesel too . Why ? Because sometimes stations order too much diesel and if it doesn't fit in the tank guys will dump the remaining diesel in the super unleaded tank . 100 gallons of diesel mixed with 10,000 gallons of premium will not kill your car , it may make it smoke a little , but gasoline mixed in the diesel tank is BAD. We are talking 3 foot flames coming out of the stacks of your truck , A run away engine and possibly a meltdown.
Another thing , If you see a tanker there off loading find another station . If the tanks are low and they are gravity feeding gas in the tank the water and trash does settle at the bottom of the tank and now its just getting all stirred up and you'll be pumping trash in your tank. And stay away if you can , from the mom and pop stations that look like they might have older tanks. Go to newer stations , ones recently opened and if your in Florida and have a Murphy's near you they are the best around . They are found mostly at Walmart super stores and Sam's clubs .

I have a 1200 gallon fuel tank, when I fill it I have my drivers wait a full 24 hours before filing the vans, same thing with me Deisels, thy fill on saturday night and truck dont fill till monday, Even with new tanks, the fuel there taking from the loading yards has heavy solid contaniments, and there is only a #4 S/S screen in most tanker pumps,{if its still there and not in a tank somewhere} Its only there to protect the pump...
I hate to say it but Mobil is the only fueling station that makes sure all of there pumps have properly maintained fiilters... And even though Exxon and Mobil are together now, the mobil station franchises are ran tighter than any other station I have seen.... But anyway that sfuel looks terrible.

Before you take it back to the station go get yourself a tube of water finding paste {any home heating supply house or oil pump supply will have it} and show them the test paste when you get there, Its hard to get money back for solid contaniments but wih water you have an argument... Sadley the only reason the NOHI ever fines a company for pumping oil instead of fuel is because you charged them for fuel and gave them water, the actual fuel can be so out of mat. {as in flash temp, viscosity, ect.} it could be unusable, and still legal to sell... Sucks but thats how it is...
Anyway definetly take it back ther, show a bill for repairs and hopefully you get a few bucks back...

people are speaking of repairs on my bike but is it needed? I put fresh gas and siphoned a few times. the bike starts and runs fine now with "good" gas again.

this weekend I may back wash the fuel filter though

If water is getting in then gasoline can be getting out (seeping) into the ground. I know if that were to be reported here (in Cali) there would be an econazi s**t storm in a nanosecond. Might want to mention that to the owner  
wink.gif

just to clarify the bottle is painted red half way down right? if not what is going on here?
beerchug.gif

glad you got it worked out bro
beerchug.gif
that's a bad feeling when your bike just won't run! i would try to get money out of them for a new filter if possible since it wouldn't hurt to change it after running that crud through it...just glad you're back up and running

Is that diesel fuel on the bottom and gas on the top?Thats what I looks like to me. If thats what it is and its clean I dont think there would be any damage to your fuel system. Service the fuel filter ask them to pay for that service and ride on.

Anyone ever have such a problem with a sunoco station? That's all i'll ever pump into my bikes. Had one visit at a mom and pop looking sunoco shop near the outskirts of bay city (it was smack dab next to a trailor park..i should have expected some kind of bs) with 2 hillbillies running it where my cbr XX ran a little funny afterwords. Stuck to the more modern sunoco's since then and no probs on my past 2 bikes.

The Sunoco's here in Florida are pretty well maintained . They even sell 100 octane . The thing is for the price they sell the 100 octane you can buy the 108 octane .

i work for an oil co. that looks like off-road diesel which is dyed red. on-road would be yellow or light green in color. the driver may have dumped wrong fuel in the ground tank. it dosn't take a lot of red dyed fuel to change the color of all the fuel in the tank.

(oilcan @ Feb. 11 2007,22:31) i work for an oil co. that looks like off-road diesel which is dyed red. on-road would be yellow or light green in color. the driver may have dumped wrong fuel in the ground tank. it dosn't take a lot of red dyed fuel to change the color of all the fuel in the tank.
interesting.

(oilcan @ Feb. 11 2007,22:31) i work for an oil co. that looks like off-road diesel which is dyed red. on-road would be yellow or light green in color. the driver may have dumped wrong fuel in the ground tank.  it dosn't take a lot of red dyed fuel to change the color of all the fuel in the tank.
What is even more interesting is the fact that no taxes are paid for using the off-road diesel.

They die it so folks cannot buy the "off-road" stuff cheaper, then run it in the road rigs.

Looks like this station was trying to make a little extra "tax money" on the side. Mention this to them and I bet they would be VERY willing to replace your filters, etc....

Back