Bad gas... wow...

mospeed

Registered
just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  it could happen to anyone I guess.

I had a problem with the busa, here is the link to it.

well, the bike starts again, but look what I siphoned out of my gas tank! it was disgusting!!!  not even sure if its gas or rust or water.

DSC04261.jpg

I'd go back to that gas station and give them H3ll
rant.gif

I just had a similar problem with the wife's bike. She had a PINT of water in her tank as well as sand and a bunch of bugs. Must have gotten the ass end of the tank at the pump...... The whole fuel system was saturated.

-Kimball

Wow, mined if I ask the name brand (gas station) is on that stuff.  Sure doesn't look like any tier 1 Ive ever seen.  
SHOCKED.gif

Sorry, I read the problem tread.  Exxon, switch brands and make them buy you a new fuel filter, their only a $170.00 bucks.

That is crazy. I would take that crap back to the Exxon and raise all kinds of mess with them.....

Glad to see you figured it out, I'd have to call a TV station or something to get the word out.

Been there and done that with my diesel truck, it ruined my injector pump bosch 7100P ($2000 for a rebuilt replacement) and the fuel transfer pump. By the time it was done, it was over $3000 worth of damage. It took some time (like 6 months) but I finally got the station (and their fuel providers) to settle and pay for the damage. It was a fight... I was just glad I didn't need the truck for business because I had to take it off the road for like a week.

I'm gald it all worked out for you and you figured out the problem.

if you found a mouse in there too, you could get free gas for life! ;)

did you return it for a full refund and then some or "damaged bike fuel system" ? ?

This is a good reason to avoid pumps when you see the tanker at the station. When they fill up, it stirs up all the crap at the bottom.

Of course, if you happen to arrive right after they leave...
rock.gif

What station was this from?

Back