Bad Gas Mileage On 08 Busa! Thoughts?

PADEROLIS

Registered
I have a full Muzzy's 4t01 system with PC3. I also have the ECU flashed by Frank at PowerHouse, I had the PC3 before the flash. The dyno tuner used the pc3 to tune the bike. I also am running a 20 teeth front sprocket, which is actually supposed to help gas mileage! I ran an 18 on my 07 and it did much better on gas! The bike seems to run fine, as in no sputtering while riding. I have experienced lately that after riding for a while, I shut it off and then start it up it will die. I have to keep the throttle open a small bit for a few seconds for it to run on its own. After this, no more issues.

I am still hoping the problem there is the aftermarket keyless gas cap I installed, I have reinstalled the OEM in hopes it will cure the issue. My Busa is a California model so I understand it holds 5.3 gal. of fuel instead of 5.5. Just for an example, I rode from St. George Utah to Las Vegas in C mode, with electronic cruise control set to around 80MPH. I started with a full tank and the light came on around 116 miles!! I calculated that to be about 22MPG. The bike has 18,650K miles on it now, AFAIK the plugs are the original, it has a K&N air filter. I know no two situations are the same, but can someone suggest what to focus on? BTW, I weigh 307 without gear, but weigh a little less than when I had my 07. I can get 150 miles out of my SV650 before the light comes on! Sorry for the long post!!

Back