Horrible gas mileage. Power commander?

OUTLAW1300

Registered
I am getting horrible gas mileage (around 25mpg highway). I checked the spark plugs and they are dark black but dry. This means its running too rich? I also have a full TiForce exhaust and the tip is black as well. Using 91 octane gas and ride 65mph highway. Is this bad gas mileage caused by the Dynojet PC3? If so where can I get maps for it? No help searching google.

And also what does the HIGH - MEDIUM - LOW buttons on the PC3 do? Am I on the wrong setting?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!

Last edited:
i had the same pro what i did i mess with te map from dynojet taking out fuel little by little and now i'm getting better fuel mileage, but the best thing to do is getting your bike dyno. i'm taking mine to the dyno when i finish with all my upgrades, another thing i did i cahnged the spark plugs with hotter ones that help out a little but i didn't like them, i think with colder plugs you get better mpg. i took them out and they looked just fine i wasn't running rich anymore the dark, black looked went away . that's my story my friend

It's too rich...you need a new map. It would be best to have a dyno tune.

:welcome::welcome: Professor has a great starter map... Although it is best to have a custom map made, his is will provide you some economy as well as performance

hy my bike goes rich too , at low speed it has something like an on/off acceleration i have to be mega extraa carefull or i will burnout when i leave a stand still and ithew bike wont keep a steady speeed or i go faster and faster or i stop my mods : kn filter , standard manifold 1 exhaust , shark for gsxr 1100 power commander 2 , all 4 air admisions , velocity stacks ? all of them are the lower size , my sparks are with a lot of carbon deposit please give me a map for this :)

Last edited:
Back