back from first day at drag strip...

16/42, will be close to where i was on my gen2 setup, 17/45, it would still try to lift at the top of second. now with a +6 arm, 17/45 feels great and im getting a little wheelspin on the o.e. tread.

Oh ok, you should be setup then. You'll just have to be more aggressive and practice.... :thumbsup:

yes that is the key i think. thats what my friend keeps telling me. he keeps:banghead: cause im doing ok over all but i need to get more aggressive.....i think im going to have to look and see were the 60ft mark is on the track. that will give me a point of reference to look at and might help me...

well tuesday was fun. made the change on the sprocket to a 42. unfortunatly id didnt do well. only got one 9.97. it was getting a little frustrating as my 60ft was still in the 1.7 range. my friend who owns a race shop that does all my work showed up. we talked about it and he took it out for a spin. only needed one time down the track for him to figure out that i finally wore out the clutch. i was thinking that but never had one go bad so i didnt know what to look for.... oh well. its fine really. 41,000 on the oem clutch wasnt so bad:thumbsup:. ill have a new clutch in a few days and will be ready for next tuesday weather permitting:beerchug:

If you don't already have it, do the Brock's clutch mod and cushion kit while you have it apart... :thumbsup:

I had a great day at the strip yesterday. !!! Finally beat my best time last year of 9.89 with a 9.86:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:Here are the 2 best times I had. I spent most of the day at about 10.01 to 10.08. It was really frustrating. I was having an awful time with my quick shifter. kept feeling like i was jamming it in second and third. It wasnt helping any at all so I unplugged it. Thats when things got better. I may get rid of it if i cant get it timed right. its just seems more trouble than its worth at this point. Otherwise though, it was a great day. It was about 85 and humid out but it my temp gauge never made it to the half way mark, which is remarkable to me considering i made more than a few hot passes:laugh:.. that muzzy blade really does work like crazy...

Zi6_0067.jpg

Zi6_0068.jpg

ok. those picks are awful....
the time on the 9.86 was like this
.6191 reaction
1.5931 60ft
4.2303 330ft
9.8699 1/4
138.95mph

Have you had your bike dynoed, your MPH seems very LOW? What are you shifting at and how much do you weight?

trying to shift at about 10,500 or a little above. suited i weigh about 220. not dynoed but its got an alien head pc3 with a brock map. running -1+2 sprockets

Have you tried shifting a little higher? Something just seems odd to me since your MPH is way down. IMO, you should be in the mid-140's so something might not be 100% with your bike and your riding might be fine. ???

The reason I say that is because you've got a great 60', 330' isn't bad but your ET/MPH is dropping off on the big end. What's your 1/8-mph...? ???

ill have to find the ticket and look to see the 1/8 mile times. trying to shift right at the red line but sometimes it seems that im hitting it at 10,500. thinking about getting a shift light. and setting it. that might help a little. i suppose the idea is to shift at the the red line every time then.?

Are you actually bumping the limiter? Otherwise the tach is off 500-600rpm. I would see how high you can go and shift just before the limiter cuts power... :thumbsup:

well thats what ive been told in the past. wait till the last moment before the bounce and change gears. i assume thats the way to do it. i admit though that im not exactly hittingthe mark all the time. im thinking of a shift light. it might help rather than trying to follow the needle.

this tuesday was a great day at the drag strip. it was a little hot but no big deal. for the life of me i could not get back into the nines all night. it was always 10.01 to 10.08. unless i did a wheelie or lost traction. just could not seem to get it together. couldnt get the quick shifter to work worth a crap either. just ended up leaving it unplugged.
On a positive note I did get to go head to head with the new yamaha vmax. it sure is a pretty thing. That aside though, the guy riding it couldn't get past a 10.5 or so. guess thats not bad for such a heavy bike but considering the specs on it, i just dont see how anyone could spend that kind of money on that bike other than for the looks.....

On a positive note I did get to go head to head with the new yamaha vmax. it sure is a pretty thing. That aside though, the guy riding it couldn't get past a 10.5 or so. guess thats not bad for such a heavy bike but considering the specs on it, i just dont see how anyone could spend that kind of money on that bike other than for the looks.....

It must have been an old slow guy like me....I've only hit 10.3 on my VMax but my 60ft's are 1.8-2.0 seconds. There are some guys running 9.5's 9.8's with their Vmax's now, so maybe you could hook up and enjoy a few runs with them.

There are plenty of reasons to buy a VMax, looks, power, seating position, and everybody doesn't have one.
:whistle:

Have you tried shifting a little higher? Something just seems odd to me since your MPH is way down. IMO, you should be in the mid-140's so something might not be 100% with your bike and your riding might be fine. ???

The reason I say that is because you've got a great 60', 330' isn't bad but your ET/MPH is dropping off on the big end. What's your 1/8-mph...? ???

I agree with Josh.
Here are my incrementals.
60'-1.6825
330'-4.2868
660'-6.4252 @ 114.80 mph
1320'-9.8775 @ 141.51 mph
This was on a STOCK 2003 Busa with a small airbox mod,16T front,PCIIIR with a JohnnyCheese tune, foot shifting and well over 260 pounds.

Something to think about. Get it tuned!!
Just because you have a Brock pipe and map, does NOT mean it's right for your bike!!
When I say stock, I mean not even a header.
DSC03358.jpg

Another hint.
Remove the seat, fold a small shop towel, lay it over the battery and sit on that. It gets you more "into" the bike. The lower the center of gravity, the better.

Practice practice practice...then feel the BUG BITE!!!! ITs AN ADDICTION, specially when you see lil by lil the seconds go down! Have fun!

your mph does seem a bit low. Awsome 60 ft though. you really can launch that thing!
What tire pressure are you running in the rear? To low will definately lower your mph! Just a thought. Those Times are great though, keep it up:thumbsup:

Back