Back from DC

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Just got back from D.C.

Had dinner with Yamahor, dreaminofbusa (sp?) and cupcake (muah ha ha, give me some man love you
biggrin.gif
)

had a nice dinner, great meeting everyone.

Wish we could have spent some more time hanging out. but I knew it was getting late and Ben and Paul had a long drive back and I had checked into my hotel but hadnt even been to my room or unloaded my stuff and I was beat from the plane trip

Went riding Monday with Sageronin. He let me check out his Turbo Busa..

That was just wrong of him!!! Now I have a need (ok, super strong want!!) to put a turbo on a Busa I cant evern afford to make monthly payments on!!

That Turbo is just fricken sweet... I mean I dont even know how to describe it.. solid as a rock.. nothing you cant control, but dang if you dont have the power when you need it!!!

First time it kicked in I felt like I was in the movie Torque when the Y2k was doing Mach speeds through the streets... all I could do was laugh and scream YAHOOOOO in my helmet lol..

Big thanks again to DJ for his most awesome hospitality.

DJ is just one of those people that are one of the nicest people you will ever meet. It is awesome to know he is my friend...

Big thanks also to GPW. DJ took me over to check out his 14 and it is SCHWEET!!!! and what does GPW do? starts it up and tells me to take it for a ride!!!

So after DJ held me down and Greg twisted my arm I said ok fine!! (well ok it didnt take that much, just looking at the sweet 14 was enough)

So DJ takes the lead and I follow on Greg's 14...

man.. got to tell you.. I am a die hard Suzuki fan, and I sure cant wait for the 08 Busa to come out.. but the 14 as far as I am concerned is everything those Kawi boys have been saying it is..

I mean yeah, Busa has been on top of the heap for 6 / 7 years... but it was only a matter of time..

I sat on the 14 and right off the bat I could tell it felt more comfortable than the Busa..

First time I went to hit the brakes I thought I was going to launch myself over the wind screen, when I went to brake I went to grab a handfull of Busa required braking strength.. that was way more than I needed for the 14, she just dug in quick..

So real comfortable to ride, awesome braking..

what everyone calls the foreman grills I dont think looks bad at all, especially on Greg's bike...

Didnt get a chance to test out the power on the bike.. first time on it.. and it wasnt mine so I wasnt going to try testing the power band. I dont take chances with other peoples stuff... but DJ and GPW say its all that and their word is all I need...

So like I said. I am a die hard Suzuki fan. probably allways will be, and unless Suzuki really screws the pooch and starts putting out a terrible product, I will probably allways stay Suzuki..

But those Kawi guys do have something to be proud of.. and a big thanks to GPW (Greg) for so casually letting me take his 14 for a spin so I could have that understanding and be able to give respect where respect is due.

Thanks Greg!! it was great meeting you and I wish you the best of luck on your new venture!!!!
beerchug.gif

So anyway, got back today.. the flight from Dulles to Denver was good, except I noticed a small problem with the airbrakes on the right wing on landing.... one of the panels didnt fully deploy like the others. no big deal but I reported it...

So there you have it folks.. my sitrep for my D.C. trip.

I would tell you about the business portion of it but then the board would get shut down, equipment confiscated and knocks on peoples doors
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Sounds like a good trip!  
super.gif

If you report anything about the clip, I would do the media only as well.

You want to remain anonymous.

Great seeing you again Ron ... I'll be dang if our ride wasn't too short, but at least you got to taste the power of the turbo. Thanks for the kind words my brother. Now it's my turn to come out to Cali and get some of that west coast hospitality ... hopefully for MotoGP '07!! Thanks again for driving all the way up to Frederick to hang out. You're a good friend and I value our talks and your wisdom.

It was nice metting you and glad to see you were not scared to speak your thoughts on the 14. I had in my opinion one of the most modified twisty carving machines in "thor", no one can out ride the all motor power on the street in the turns, plenty there. The Busa is an amazing bike. Unlike you I am not brand loyal you learn more about performance by learning about a lot of bikes not just one. Being able to make all the brands go fast is my goal. My version of fast is usable power on the street and twisties. Not overkill or wasted money. Thanks for your kind words and any friend of DJ's is a friend of mine. I am still not riding his Busa because I like riding for what it is, an art and that bike will make me a straight line junkie.
beerchug.gif

Sounds like you had a short but sweet meeting. I had the opportunity to ride fstbusa's turbo, and I know what you mean about the power. It's great to have so many wonderful busa friends around the country.
super.gif

(GSXcite @ Nov. 11 2006,18:58) Sounds like you had a short but sweet meeting. I had the opportunity to ride fstbusa's turbo, and I know what you mean about the power. It's great to have so many wonderful busa friends around the country.
super.gif
yeah this site is awesome.. really the first and only site I have ever been involved with that you can actually say the people on the board you interact with can really be considered friends.

Another funny thing is it seems a lot of of us seem to have jobs that allow us to travel or we are otherwise able to travel and we often get the chance to meet each other even at great distances...

Pretty cool and unique community we have here IMHO...

Well Ron, you had it close. It's dreamin_of_ridin. It was great meeting you and I'm glad you had a good trip.

(dreamin_of_ridin @ Nov. 14 2006,12:13) Well Ron, you had it close. It's dreamin_of_ridin. It was great meeting you and I'm glad you had a good trip.
Whoooops.. sorry.. fixed it Muah ha ha!!!

biggrin.gif

Was great meeting you also...
beerchug.gif

(forceofnature @ Nov. 14 2006,15:18) Sorry I missed out, I forgot all about it. Maybe another time.
No worries.. I have known Michelle for years and SHE blew me off
crazy.gif

biggrin.gif

I get there about once a year. there will always be another time
beerchug.gif

(thrasherfox @ Nov. 10 2006,20:51) I would tell you about the business portion of it but then the board would get shut down, equipment confiscated and knocks on peoples doors
biggrin.gif
And we'd all get debriefed and held for an extended period of time...

How was the airline security on the way back? Did you happen across another mistake?
eek2.gif

(yamahor @ Nov. 14 2006,15:42)
(thrasherfox @ Nov. 10 2006,20:51) I would tell you about the business portion of it but then the board would get shut down, equipment confiscated and knocks on peoples doors
biggrin.gif
And we'd all get debriefed and held for an extended period of time...

How was the airline security on the way back? Did you happen across another mistake?
eek2.gif
Nope.. all good on the way back.. well except with the minor air brake on the right wing on landing into Denver..

And then landing in Fresno you could tell the pilot freaked and thought he was going to over shoot the runway and hit the brakes real hard and reversed the thrust on the engines enough were you knew it wasnt normal.

But other than that.. alll was good
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back