Axle spacers

dolilind

Registered
Hey yall,
Getting ready to get my shinko tomorrow to help with my traction problems
smile.gif
But i noticed i have no axle spacer on the left side. Is this normal for a 05 busa??? I have seen on another post that there is such thing. If so What does it look like, just a thick washer or something?
Here what mine looks like (need to visualize)
AXLE NUT. AXLE. AXLE ADJUST BLOCK. WASHER PRESSED INTO SPROCKET HOUSING. RUBBER BLOCKS INSIDE WHEEL, WHEEL, SOME KINDA 2 PART TUBE INSIDE WHEEL, BRAKE ROTOR, BRAKE BRACKET, AXLE ADJUST BLOCK.

Just wondering, it was 2am the night i put the swingarm extentions on and might have losed something, other than my mind

K, just wondering if needed to get some parts tomorrow before mounting it back up.
I didn't remember any spacer in ther but the swingarms where kinda opened up when i took the axle out. I didnt remember the axle pulling them together so far, but it may because of the extentions.

Thanks

Yes the Busa has one, it looks like a short sleeve that the axle goes through (having trouble explaining this to ya) without pictures.  Look  
SHOCKED.gif
at page 6-40 of the manual and you'll see where it goes (right side insert). Sorry  
sad.gif
 this it the best I can do  
beerchug.gif

No Colonel, I think he had it right.

The "spacer" is located "inside" the hub where you find the rubbers. The rest of the arrangement sounds square. If you have space after all the listed parts are stacked up, being careful to make sure everything is inserted properly together, then you have gap produced by your extended swingarm. At this point you have some adjustments to be made, i.e. how you're going to go about centering the rear wheel, and why the swingarm is spread so far apart in the first place.

Just thoughts..........
super.gif

SOME KINDA 2 PART TUBE INSIDE WHEEL, "that's your stock spacer, it allows rotation of the hubs against the rubber pads.........."

Yes there two spacers, #11 & 12, as shown in Gunny's breakdown above. The spacer with the larger shoulder goes on the break side of the wheel. # 14 is a longer spacer that goes inside of the sprocket housing where the cush drive rubbers are.

Ah i see thanks for the picture, looks like i did have it right after all.
Not sure why the swingarm has opened up but the axle bolt pulls it all back together and wheel is centered so looks like im ok.

I run the axle in from the other side, makes it easier to align the brake mount.

Back