awesomeness on my doorstep

fastblackblur

Registered
Woohoo new tires for the track bike!

Once I started seeing all the crazy sales for these it was just a matter of time... I really like the Q1 I ran last year so i figured this was a step in the right direction. I'm curious to see if they will make it through the 3 track days i have planned in spokane this month. Will this amazing new tire leave me star struck or will they succumb to the wrath of my right wrist?!:fire:

P1010010.jpg

Yep.....they are definitely the AWESOMENESS! Best tire I've ridden on to date. Some of the prices out there on these are unbelievable :thumbsup:

IMO those Q2's are the cream of the current crop of street/track tires.

However, your mighty busa will overwhelm any tire if you get ham fisted with the throttle!

Smooth throttle control is the secret to remaining upright throughout the day! :beerchug:

It was very difficult to only buy one set at those prices. Hope the prices stay low.

Liter bikes, like busas, I've noticed eat tires up pretty quickly. Not going to lie, I'm kind of a newbie at the track and haven't done three track days on a real deal track before, I just remeber how much ware I put on the Q1s in one day at spokane last year.

It was very difficult to only buy one set at those prices. Hope the prices stay low.

Liter bikes, like busas, eat tires up pretty quickly. I've haven't done three track days on a real deal track before, I just remember how much wear I put on the Q1s in one day at spokane last year.

How many track days do most people get out a set of tires?

These tires probably won't make it to the busa right away. If they wear like the q1s did I might put them on the busa once sides start to wear out... But who knows, if can't get my hands on a 10mm x 1.25mm double banjo in the next week or two I may have to re-shoe the big girl instead and taker her dancing.

Just got my Q2's on Sun.
Put the wheels back on, went to the end of my driveway, turned left.....too much gas on the new rubber and laid it down in the street right in front of my house!!!! F@%K!!!
Take er easy till they get broken in.........................................

SteveO, tell him what Dunlop said about TIRE PRESSURE...

Just got my Q2's on Sun.
Put the wheels back on, went to the end of my driveway, turned left.....too much gas on the new rubber and laid it down in the street right in front of my house!!!! F@%K!!!

That is the danger of getting new tires put on the bike!

Just curious why you got a 190/55 and not a 50 is all ?
Think I read it helps bike to lean in better ?

Just got my Q2's on Sun.

that sucks, sory to hear that.

why the 55 vs the 50. I read that a 55 series gives the rear a larger footprint while leaned over and is also a little bit taller vs the 50. I tried it out with first with a set of BT16s and liked what it did for the bike so I stuck with it. It seemed to make the bike want to turn in a little easier, probably because of the added height in the rear.

What did dunlop say about pressure?
... i think you want to run these at 28-30 psi cold for the track mid 30's or so for the street depending on how you’re going to be riding. That’s pretty much how it was for the original Qs I believe

Back