More Dunlop Q2 data

fastblackblur

Registered
Well my Dunlop Q2's have lived through the first part of their lives... I've been running these on my 2003 GSXR 1000 for 4 track days, about 600 of hard knee dragging, front strait blasting abusive miles. Friend of mine is fairing a little better with 6 track days with one more day left in the rear on his R6. Runs about the same times. I'll be swapping the rear out this week sometime after work. The front looks like it will be good to go for about 2 more rears.

I am quite impressed to say the least. There is probably enough tread left on the sides for another track day at a slower track, but I wanted to leave enough on the sides to test the virgin looking center out on the busa, which coincidentally needs a new rear tire thanks to the contractors in my neighborhood who seem to leave nails everywhere... at least it was just a michelin :moon:

Thoughts on the tire so far: These things are amazing! If your in the market for new tires these should be at the top of your list. A street tire that can definitely take quite a bit of track day abuse. On Friday I was running mid, maybe even upper? intermediate at Spokane. Not the fastest guy out there for sure but I noticed I was passing a few folks on race tires, not just in the straits either lol. My best session i was averaging 1:45ish and I can think of at least one other fellow who is running these tires and is going a good clip faster than I so I should be good on another set of these for the rest of the season.

Go DUNLOP!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

middle tread.jpg

Last edited:
Love mine! It's just such a well balanced sticky tire that gives back so much confidence. Good to see they worked just as well under track conditions :thumbsup: I'll definitely be ordering another set as soon as my current ones are finished.

Love mine! It's just such a well balanced sticky tire that gives back so much confidence. Good to see they worked just as well under track conditions :thumbsup: I'll definitely be ordering another set as soon as my current ones are finished.

Literally sticky. After my second session I would put my hand on them hot off the track and they are physically stick like duck tape or something lol.

I think these things are like starfish... tear it apart and four more pop up to take it's place! j/k

new tires.jpg

Last edited:
I'm happy to see the Dunnies are working for you Gary!

I went out for a few laps with Ross DeLong (Track record holder) on the infamous GregBob's stock gixxer1K shod with the Q2's and if there were any doubts in my mind pretaining to the performance ability of this tire, Ross quickly erased them from my memory.

Ross was clicking some very quick times and getting that beast so low in the corners I would tense up thinking those things are going to give up any second? But the Q2's stood up to their reputation and never even wriggled. I was on race slicks and was happy to see the Q2's certainly seem to be equally at home dealing with extreme lean angles.

I am convinced the the Q2's are the street/track tire to beat at present. There may be a better performing street tire out there but if there is, I have yet to see it!

Thank You Dunlop! :beerchug:

Glad I just bluff two more sets before
They camemoff sale!

I can't get over how "melted" those things got...wow.
Serious riding there :beerchug:

Literally sticky. After my second session I would put my hand on them hot off the track and they are physically stick like duck tape or something lol.

I think these things are like starfish... tear it apart and four more pop up to take it's place! j/k

so jealous

Ross was clicking some very quick times and getting that beast so low in the corners I would tense up thinking those things are going to give up any second? But the Q2's stood up to their reputation and never even wriggled. I was on race slicks and was happy to see the Q2's certainly seem to be equally at home dealing with extreme lean angles.
! :beerchug:
Ross is amazing, friendly guy too. He did the "classroom" portion of the WMRRA novice licensing for us on Friday night.

Greg can ride his butt off. He gave me a good reality check one of the days out we were out there. Thought I was doing pretty good then it felt like he was getting a second on me in just about every corner till he was out of sight lol. It's nice to see a guy going faster than I am on the same tires. Lets me know I don't need the 211's yet. But as far as the lean angle goes on these Q2s... yea it feels like they never let go. I went in to turn 2 a little hotter than normal and it felt like my elbow was about to be touching down lol. I'm sure it had a ways to go but you know what I mean.

Glad I just bluff two more sets before
They camemoff sale!

Jeez i tried to correct this (from my iPhone) but guess it didn't correct..

Glad I just bought two more sets before they came off sale!

I'm a couple of K's into mine and the only bad thing I notice is in hot stopping it seems a little greasy... Stops OK, just feels more greasy than other skins on Smaug.

...and yes I am jealous as well, only got rubber a little balled up once and never close to that. :bowdown:

I got a set to try out on my 09 1k once the bt016s are done! Macon454 had them at the bash and gave them a good flogging. I was on bt002s and we were running hard! I figured 210 for the set to try out isnt bad! I went with pilot power pures on the busa and I am not a fan of them. Will be going to bt003s when there are worn out. The pures feel greasy on hard acceleration. And on hard 110mph turns I felt the front tire sliding... Pushing out...on me! I dont trust them. In the wet the suck.... Had the rear spon and step out on me on light throttle....

I got a set to try out on my 09 1k once the bt016s are done! Macon454 had them at the bash and gave them a good flogging. I was on bt002s and we were running hard! I figured 210 for the set to try out isnt bad! I went with pilot power pures on the busa and I am not a fan of them. Will be going to bt003s when there are worn out. The pures feel greasy on hard acceleration. And on hard 110mph turns I felt the front tire sliding... Pushing out...on me! I dont trust them. In the wet the suck.... Had the rear spon and step out on me on light throttle....

You are a wise man!

I'll throw my .02 in here.. I have somewhere just short of 1K on mine now, and really like 'em! My annual ride last month definitely used up a portion of them, but I'll wager they'll get at least the typical 2500 street miles...hoping for a bit more, but we'll see.

Maybe Warbird will chime in but think all the sales are over. :(

I run 190/55 on both my GSXR and my Busa, seems to be working out for me all right so far.

hi can I ask where you got the set for 210 and if you are running 50 or 55 on the rear

Online cycle gear special! Keep an eye on them and jake wilson.com! Sorry been knocking trees down at the girlfriends home this week little time to surf the org! Oh 190/55r17 on both bikes!

Last edited:
Back