average sized hayabusa owners?

I'm 5'11" 265 lbs. mines stock for now accept the bubble windscreen that was already on it. it seems pretty comfortable most of the time. after some long hwy trips my ass and back start to hurt a bit but i run the twisties more often that 200 miles hwy

my brother is 6'7" and is roughly 280-290 right now. only comfort mod done on any of his past three busas have been tl1000 foot pegs. i did the same and havent looked back. i'm 6'2"(ish) and 195lbs

can eat it. :moon: this thread is for the xxl guys. just curious as for the size of some riders and the mods weve done to accomodate us better on the scooters.

im 6'6, 295, havent done anything for comfort yet (1500 miles into the bike) but have a bid on some heli's right now, would love a cut/gel seat, and im planning on a buell peg mod.

next?

...or...

Apparently we CAN'T eat it and YOU can! :guns::director::alcoholic:4:fight::cursin: Thus your "largeness". At 4'2" and 78 pounds I got Helibars, a reverse Tobin "High Chair" seat and the Buell "Napolean" peg mod. For stops I have pneumatic stabilizers that also act as a step stool for mounting/dismounting. Even with the extra gear, I can out ride ANY of you "big" guys all day, every day and STILL get better mileage!

So there!

PS: If you're serious about comfort and speed, I know doctors in China and Korea that can perform a shin-ectomy to get rid of much of that useless height for ya! :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Me thinks you huge dudes should give it up! I mean, go get yourself a Goldwing or big Harley cruiser!!
NOTE: Please erase this posting from memory IF you're going to the Stampede! I'm just an old skinny guy and would hate to have to spend the weekend hiding out in the parking lot!! :laugh:

my brother is 6'7" and is roughly 280-290 right now. only comfort mod done on any of his past three busas have been tl1000 foot pegs. i did the same and havent looked back. i'm 6'2"(ish) and 195lbs

What's involved with doinng the TL1000 pegs? Heard they were better than the buel pegs also.

6'3" @ 200 pounds. No comfort mods yet.

6,5" and about 225lbs.

Double bubble windscreen and Tobin seat have helped to accomodate my size on the Busa.

For a 6 foot 6 guy like myself would it even be worth the try to get a 'touring' windshield or just get a double bubble to have the wind on the chest? (And lift the windshield up high enough that the risen up bars won't scrape off of the stock windshield.)

::waits on answer with notepad::

Anyone?

6'4" in the morning 6'1"-6'2"-ish by end of day (gots the scoliosis ~40 degree curve to the left in my lower back)
~175-180lbs

no comfort mods yet
thinking about the double bubble screen.
The stock one dumps the air right under my chin and makes a ton of noise in my helmet >.<

What's involved with doinng the TL1000 pegs? Heard they were better than the buel pegs also.

6'3" @ 200 pounds. No comfort mods yet.

me and my brother both got out TL1000 pegs from vman(RIP) at mr cycles. you seriously take the old peg off and put these on. i had no clue and my brother kept looking at me like i was an idiot, then put them on in about 45 seconds while i stood there feeling like an idiot. haha.

5'11 300 Pounds..........Buell Peg. Risers and a CUSTOM Extra Padding Seat for my Fat AZZ :shocked:

Wow I guess I'm one of the smallest guys here. 5' 10" 155lbs soaking wet..... But I love my bikes...... So :moon:......

Back